Morning

"What are you thinking about?"

Ellie took a breath and shrugged, snuggling up to Robin under the duvet. It was starting to get colder in the mornings and every last minute of warmth that could be savoured, Ellie was going to take. Besides, there were few things she enjoyed more than lying in bed with the love of her life, the two of them not having to speak to know what the other is saying; just peace and quiet and an exponential amount of love.

"Need I remind you that your ear twitches when you're thinking about something?" The blonde moved a loose strand of hair from Ellie's eyes and placed a kiss lightly on her forehead. "Come on, spill."

"I was just thinking about how nice it was to have some peace and quiet is all."

"You mean you don't like Bailey waking us up at three in the morning to play?"

Ellie shoved Robin jokingly, the pair giggling. "Don't be ridiculous, I couldn't love anyone more than you two no matter who wakes me up a three in the morning."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. You were thinking about something before that though, I can tell. There was a different look on your face a minute ago."

"What do you mean? It's not just my twitching ear that gives me away?"

Robin laughed and moved the brunette's chin, pulling her in for a kiss. "It looked like something was bothering you is all."

"Oh, right. The other day I was talking to Mark and I think he said something about my Dad but because of Bailey being up all night, I fell asleep while he was talking. I have no idea what he said and I'm kind of worried."

"Why don't you just ring Mark and ask? Or, better yet," Robin said, turning onto her side, her eyes locked firmly onto the brunette's. "Why not just ring your Dad? He wouldn't hide anything from you if there was something wrong, would he?"

"You say that but he kept quiet about Mum's friend."

"Laura?"

Ellie nodded, biting her lip. She always got along with the woman, but seeing the way her father had looked at her, it was hard not to have a slither of dislike; her Dad was meant for her Mum and that was final. It was stupid to have such narrow-minded thoughts of course, but it didn't stop them from occurring.

"He didn't tell you about Laura because there wasn't anything to tell. Think about it; he worked with her to do some research into how you could save the coffee shop. Your Dad probably kept things quiet to surprise you, or if there wasn't a way to save the shop, then he wouldn't have got your hopes up. Does that make sense?"

"Why are you so clever?" The brunette placed her hand on Robin's cheek, admiring the beautiful woman in front of her as the morning sun peered through the blinds and bathed them both in sunlight.

"I'm parked on the other side of town to clever, Ellie. Do you not remember I was working at self-checkouts before you saved me? Not even proper checkouts; I was given the robots that could already do the job so they basically just paid me to stand still all day."

Ellie pulled the blonde down to her side and kissed her gently, first on the lips but then started a trail leading down Robin's neck. "Some people don't have skill sets that are suited for academic endeavours."

"Did you just eat a dictionary? What are you talking about?" Robin started to laugh and Ellie joined in.

"Oh I don't know, it's the type of thing my Dad used to tell me when I failed a test."

"There's no way you failed a test, Ellie. You're just trying to make me feel better, right?"

"Nope, I failed so many tests that I'm surprised I ever got a qualification in maths. I mean I got the lowest grade but I still passed and that in itself was a miracle."

"Well how about that," Robin said slowly, playing with a strand of the brunette's hair. "There's a dent in little miss perfect after all."

"I'm not perfect, where did you ever get that idea from?" Ellie felt her cheeks begun to burn up as the embarrassment slowly bubbled beneath the surface.

"Sweetie," the blonde said, sending a shiver down Ellie's spine. "The first day I saw you when I was ruining your lovely wooden floorboards with puddle water, I knew you were perfect."

"You know that's impossible? You can't just look at someone and know they're perfect, right? I mean, what about their flaws, their little quirks and things?"

"You mean like your ear twitching?"

Ellie rolled her eyes and nodded. "Exactly like my ear twitching."

"To me, flaws or quirks or whatever you call them are what makes a person who they are if that makes sense. Like it would be weird if you were thinking about something and your ear didn't twitch, or if you didn't dance while you baked. It's the little things about a person that stops them being ordinary and makes them special; your flaws or whatever are what makes you perfect to me because, without them, you wouldn't be you."

"Oh wow, how cheesy was that?"

Robin laughed and joined the brunette's lips with her own, the room filled with silence that was nowhere near awkward. "It may have been cheesy but you're blushing so I must have said something right."

A/N: Ok so a lil bit of fluff to make the feels a bit happier. Not sure where these two are going yet but I'll try and get another chapter up next week - sorry you had to wait so long for this one! 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy and feel free to let me know of any suggestions you have; it's always interesting to know where you think Ellie and Robin are going in their lives XD