Fundraiser

"I have an idea."

"Why does that scare me so much?"

"Just listen; you'll probably leap at the chance to organise it."

"Organise? I think I need a coffee before I listen to this."

Robin grabbed onto her wife's waist as the brunette went to get out of bed. "Nope, you're listening now before you get distracted by washing or Bailey or the shop, ok?"

Ellie rolled her eyes and laid back on her pillow. "Go on then; what's your idea?"

"We could do a fundraiser."

"A fundraiser?"

"Yeah."

"You've been watching way too much American TV; I think you mean a charity event."

The blonde raised an eyebrow and Ellie simply shrugged her shoulders.

"Anyway," Robin said, continuing with a hint of sarcasm. "I thought that we could raise some money and put it towards refurbishing the pub. That way, we could get the community involved in our little shop."

"Except it's not going to be our little shop, is it? It's going to be our massive shop with upstairs seating and historical features that are, no doubt, expensive to replace if broken."

"Ok that's true," Robin moved a strand of hair from Ellie's face and smiled. "But you know I know how much you love organising things. And you also know that I know that you love this community just as much as they love you. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little summer party in the park, like the Christmas picnic we have every year?"

The brunette ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "How are you so persuasive?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"A few weeks ago I was adamant that we were going to sell that building, but now I want to try my hardest to turn it into the cutest coffee shop outside of London."

"That could be something to do with Soph wanting the building?"

Ellie sat bolt upright, her eyebrows knitted together. "No, that's not it. Of course that's not it; Soph has nothing to do with my decision at all."

"Right," Robin said slowly, entwining her fingers with the brunette's. "So you just want to make the best coffee shop you can, just because?"

"Exactly."

"You are so cute when you're like this," Robin kissed Ellie lightly, trying to hold back the urge to laugh at how determined her wife looked. The brunette's hair was all over the place, one leg of her pyjamas had ridden up to her knee and the shirt covered in squirrels was barely covering anything other than Ellie's right shoulder.

"Like what?" The brunette yawned and wiped her eyes. "Look the coffee shop opens in," she glanced at the clock on the bedside table and gasped. "An hour! Did you turn off the alarm again?"

"No, I just turned it off before you woke up."

"Why would you do that? I need to be up at least three hours before we open so I can get everything ready and-"

The blonde pulled her wife in for a kiss and the brunette didn't fight back. "Stop panicking," Robin said, her voice a whisper as she stared into the sparkling eyes in front of her. "There is plenty of time. The coffee machine takes half an hour to warm up as does the water boiler. I'll go turn them on while you sort out Bailey, ok? We're a team, not Ellie and her buddy Robin who helps out sometimes ok?"

Ellie sighed and gave in to the smile that appeared on her face. "Ok then," she said, stroking the back of Robin's hand with her thumb. "Love you."

"Love you too."

A/N: I know it's short but better that than nothing at all? Anyway, big chapter coming up soon - I'd hold onto the fluff while you still can ;) Hope you enjoy folks!