Soph

The afternoon coffee-goers filled the time quickly and Ellie had little time to think about what Robin had done. Instead, she simply let autopilot run the shop, the aroma of freshly ground beans fueling her calm demeanour. However, as soon as Ellie turned over the 'open' sign and locked the door, her facade fell away and the morning's conversation came flooding back.

"When did you buy the building?" Ellie sat down on one of the sofas, putting her feet up and getting comfortable; the babysitter was paid for another couple of hours so Bailey was going to be fine. "I get your logic behind it, but that amount of money isn't something we have at the moment."

Robin sat opposite her wife, an americano in her hands. "Soph sold the house so I used my half of the money to buy, what I hope, is our future."

"Wait, Soph?"

"Yeah, what's the problem?"

Ellie took a breath and closed her eyes for a moment. "Was it her house then? The one down the street?"

"It was ours technically, but she wanted to sell it and I had no issues with that. Have I done something else wrong?" The blonde put her head in her hands. "I can't seem to do anything right at the moment, can I?"

"That's not true," Ellie said, taking Robin's hands into her own forcing their eyes to meet. "The meal you cooked yesterday was lovely and I didn't even ask you to do it?" The brunette giggled, but Robin's smile was nowhere to be seen. "Look, for some reason, it's not come up in conversation that you owned the house with Soph. I'd always assumed that it was owned, and lived in, by you alone. Maybe that's partially my fault, but equally, this could just be something we need to work on?"

"What are you on about? Your ear isn't twitching and it's making me nervous," Robin said, winking.

"From now on, we just need to tell each other everything. It can't be a bad idea?"

"What about surprise birthday parties though?"

"Stop being difficult, you know what I mean."

"Ok, what about surprised in general?" Robin sat beside the brunette, her arms weaving around Ellie's middle.

"I think it depends on the surprise and what it entails. If it means buying a building then it shouldn't be a surprise at all," Ellie mumbled, losing her train of thought as the blonde begun to plant a series of kisses on her neck.

"What about," Robin said slowly before meeting her lips with Ellie's, their bodies moulding into one. "If I'd planned a quiet night in with just us and Bailey with all three Bridget Jones films back-to-back and, to top it all off, we could open the fancy bottle of prosecco left over from the wedding?"

"If it was left over, it probably wasn't deemed decent enough to drink by my brother," Ellie sniggered. The blonde joined in as she remembered the wedding reception.

"That's true, the poor hotel. But still, does that sound like a nice surprise?"

The brunette felt her cheeks burning up the longer she looked at the mischievous glint in her wife's eyes. "Planning an evening doesn't mean I'm forgiving you for buying a building, you know."

"It's a pretty though? I bet I get bonus points for that."

"Sure, if you say so," Ellie bit her lip and tried not to laugh at the look on Robin's face; the blonde really had considered how pretty the building was. "But for now, can we get back to the perfect evening?"

A.N: Well done to those of you who get the obscure reference in there! If you didn't, check out 'Almost Adults' on Netflix, it's worth it!! Anyway, I know this is a short chapter, but at least there's an update? XD Enjoy folks :)