Apology No.1

The heavy pub door always creaked open. It was something Robin had wished to remember when she visited Ellie to try and make peace.

"What do you want?" The brunette tried to continue decorating but as she was nearly finished, it was hard to make it look like she was busy when, in fact, she wasn't.

"I came to apologise."

"I told you that-"

"It was enough, I know. But I really have come to make it up to you so if you could stop pretending to put out tablecloths that have been there for three days already, then maybe we could talk and get back to our happy little lives?"

Ellie stopped what she was doing and sighed. As much as it annoyed her, Robin was right. Nothing was going to get better if she didn't listen so she sat down on one of the chairs and folded her arms. "Come on then," she said, trying to put on a tough front. "What is so good about this apology that it will change my mind? Will it make Soph feel better about you breaking her heart for no good reason? Will it make up for-"

The blonde rushed to Ellie's side and placed a single finger on the brunette's lips. "This is where you listen and I talk, ok?"

Robin sat on the chair beside Ellie and half smiled. "I have something figured out to make things up to Soph so this is about you. Every couple fights, that's just a fact. We fight over things like which coffee beans are better for the environment or whether to make vegan brownies or coconut flapjacks for the local bake sale. Those are the types of things we argue about and fight over because that's who we are."

She pulled the seat closer to Ellie's and took hold of the brunette's hand. Seeing a flush of pink race to Ellie's cheeks, Robin felt a wave of confidence and continued with her rehearsed speech. She hadn't even been this prepared for their wedding.

"We don't fight for the sake of fighting like it seems we are now because we don't need to; we understand one another, I think, more than most couples do."

Ellie rolled her eyes. "This isn't sounding much like an apology at the moment, Ro."

The blonde laughed a little and nodded. "I know," she said. "I'm getting to that bit." Robin took a moment just to look into Ellie's eyes; she hadn't had the chance to do since they started fighting. It was certainly something she wasn't going to take for granted ever again. So much joy and hope were held in her wife's eyes, and countless amounts of love poured from them every time the brunette looked at Bailey.

"Right now, Laura is waiting for my call. She is with your Dad in one of those travel shops waiting to get a message from me." Robin got off the chair and knelt down on one knee, glad that she wore an old pair of jeans rather than her new super-skinny ones.

"What on earth are you saying," Ellie said, her voice just a whisper.

"I've planned out a weekend getaway in a luxury spa hotel place where it will just be you and me with no worries, no coffee shop, no brownies and no Soph. Before you ask, there is a creche there so Bailey will be perfectly looked after while we pamper ourselves, but with us to spend time as a family which we sorely need at the moment."

The blonde kissed Ellie's hand gently, stroking the brunette's palm with her thumb. "Of course it's totally up to you; we don't have to go if you don't want to and please don't see this as a grand gesture from me trying to buy you back or whatever. This is simply my way of allowing us time to heal as a family. Maybe some time away from all of this madness will help us out?"

Ellie sighed and put her head in her hands, letting go of Robin's grasp. "I don't even know what to say," she mumbled.

"Dammit, I knew it was the wrong thing to-"

The brunette crashed into the blonde, their lips meeting in the middle in a mad cocktail of emotions.

"You're crazy, you know that, right?" Ellie said, grinning as Robin left a trail of kisses from the brunette's lips down to her collarbone.

"You wouldn't have married me otherwise."

"True," Ellie said, her voice starting to shake as the blonde's hand began to meander up her thigh. "We don't have to go on holiday though, it seems like a lot of money to waste on a spa day."

Robin laughed to herself and gazed into her wife's eyes once more. "You are so very wise, sweetie, but you're missing out one very important part of my holiday proposal."

"And what would that be?"

"Well firstly I'm sad you missed my amazingly bad pun," Robin said, the brunette jokingly shoving her. "But it's a luxury retreat place so during the day when Bailey is at the creche, we can be completely alone."

Ellie couldn't form any words as the blonde bit her lip in that certain way that sent shivers down her spine. "Well in that case," she said, pulling Robin in for another sweet, but short, kiss. "How soon can we go?" 

A/N: Oooooo! I'm not sure I know what to say other than this is just the start! I hope you enjoyed this one folks - it wasn't nice having my favourite characters arguing all the time. So yeah, what on earth could the next chapter be?!?!