Chapter Fifty-One - The Cosmohold

Start from the beginning

"I'll let them know if they come asking about you," Brendan agreed as he gladly took my phone in case I was gone for longer than anticipated.

"Thanks. Hopefully this time I don't end up miles away when I land," I sighed as I prepared myself to enter the Cosmos.

Closing my eyes, I remembered the place I had been to before with the red, pink and purple swirling walls of energy that flowed like lava across the ceiling, walls and floor.

I could feel my feet leaving the ground as my body felt weightless, the sensation of pins and needles prickling my skin accompanied by a sharp tug at my navel. The strange aliments were quickly replaced by a dull ache on my face, caused by my body slamming against the floor as I had landed flat on the ground.

"Well, that's new," I groaned as I got myself back on my feet and looked around.

The room had changed since I had last been to the Cosmos. It looked more like a central convergence of the Cosmos as a whole now, with several large window looking structures that each had different landscapes inside of them. Looking behind myself, I could see I had come through one of these windows as the image inside resembled Brendan's gym.

"I really wish you guys had a help desk or something, heck, even an email address would be great," I grumbled aloud.

"What is an email, ma'am?" A voice called out to me as I swiftly turned around to see a green-faced alien wearing a rather magnificent purple silk robe.

"Oh, hi. You're that dude who was telling me about a prophecy I'm in, aren't you? Iquireus, isn't it?" I greeted, subtly rubbing my sore face that I prayed wouldn't bruise.

"Indeed, Doctor, it is I, Iquireus," he nodded, giving me a smile which contained extremely sharp and long teeth.

"So, what's happening here? Is this some kind of interior upgrade?" I asked, pointing to the windows.

"Oh, no. You're in a different part of the Cosmos than before. This is the Universal Rotunda of Gateways. These entrances can take you to any planet where there is a cosmic wielder if you so wish."

"What about that door over there, the red one that you came out of?" I asked, looking the deep burgundy door that had intricate designs of what reminded me somewhat of the paintings from the Renaissance.

"That one leads to other doors containing different universes, for example, the universe containing the planet where the Ancient One and Master Mordo reside," explained Iquireus as I nodded in understanding, though, it was rather strange that something as complex as the Cosmos could be dwindled down to a mix of window portals and doors.

"Can I go to her planet? I have a few questions."

"No, I mustn't, it is strictly forbidden to travel across the universes. You may only talk with those from other universes during a meeting in the Convergence," declared Iquireus rather forcefully.

"Well, isn't that great," I sighed with a shake of my head.

"Is there anything I may be able to help you with, Doctor?"

"Unless you can to tell me how I can find three kidnapped humans where my telepathy doesn't reach," I huffed, deciding to motion my hand for the red, pink and purple energy to morph into a seat as I sat down on my newly made chair.

"Doctor Stone, you forget that I am also a cosmic wielder, do you not?" Iquireus replied as he too formed himself a seat, this time a chaise longue as he laid down on it, his face directed towards mine.

"Sorry, I probably shouldn't be doubting anyone who's here, should I?"

"Besides, I am not a telepath so I cannot help you," shrugged the alien as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.