Chapter Twenty - Race Day

Today was Race Day. Was I ready to crush Barry's dream of being the fastest man alive? Probably not. But was I willing to give it a shot? Hell yes.

I fixed my mask on my face and I had put my hair in a ponytail for the first time today, hopefully, to reduce my drag and help make faster. I decided to take a gentle flight there, carrying and drinking my smoothie as I didn't particularly want to tire myself out too much.

"Are you flying whilst drinking a smoothie?" Caitlin asked, looking at me sceptically.

"Um, yes? Is there a problem there, Dr. Snow?" I said, remembering my American accent. To be honest, my accent had gotten a lot smoother and natural since I'd been using it so much.

"No, I'm just a tad jealous, maybe."

"I would've bought one along with me if I'd have known," I smiled.

"That's kind of you, but I am supposed to be working."

"Oh, yeah. Did Barry tell you about our planned race?" I grinned, looking at Cisco.

"Aw man! This is going to be so cool. No offence, Cosmo, but our bets are on Barry," Cisco squealed as I shrugged, looking over my shoulder to see Barry turn the corner and run up to us.

"Late, as per usual," I muttered, pretending to file my nails.

"Whatever, Annie," Barry replied with a chuckle.

"Do you want her to help with your training as well? I'm pretty sure that she can keep up with you," Caitlin suggested to Barry.

"That's fine. Maybe it'll be good for me to train with a metahuman since we face them so often," Barry responded, a cocky smile on his face.

"Shall we get this show on the road?" I asked, fixing my gloves.

"What do you want to start with?" Cisco said, giving me a smile.

"Why don't we use your drone as a warm up since I don't fancy pulling a muscle?" I suggested, which received nods from the people around me.

"Great idea. You could probably sit this first bit out since you can dodge bullets and everything," Caitlin whispered to me.

"Okay, just tell me when you want me in there," I smiled.

"You don't mind socialising with Dr. Wells while we set everything up, do you?"

"I think I'll pass," I quickly muttered. I would rather stand on my own and look lonely than talk to that cretin.

"Okay, let's get going, folks," Cisco announced, rubbing his hands together before picking up his controller.

"Don't get shot, Streaky," I snorted.

"Now, I wouldn't want to miss our race, would I?" Barry winked before bolting off down the abandoned runway.

"Hopefully, Barry won't get shot today," Caitlin mumbled, looking a little worried about what Cisco may have planned.

"He'll be okay," I replied, looking hopeful.

"Cisco? Are you ready?" Barry shouted as Cisco turned on his drone and flew it into the air.

"Yeah, let's go!" He shouted as Caitlin and I covered our ears from the close proximity.

We watched as the drone chased after Barry, firing rounds of shots at a time which Barry luckily missed. My foot was tapping on the floor as I was impatiently rearing to go.

"God, just go. We know you're itching to show us what you can do," Cisco called me out, handing me an earpiece.

"Are you sure you're not a mind-reader, Ramon?" I joked a smirk plastered firmly on my face as I flared up my hands with energy before flying after the drone.