Chapter Six - Kitty Band-Aid

"Reporting a bank robbery taking place on Milton Street." The police radio confirmed. I ran out of the spare room, my freshly dyed light brown hair was in the process of being braided, but that would have to wait. I quickly undid the half finished braids and slipped on my mask.

"Let's get a move on, Em," Eve said as I climbed out of my window, before catapulting myself into the air and flying towards the scene.

There was already a police officer on the scene, but he didn't seem to have the situation under control. I figured that I couldn't exactly just ask the officer what was going on, so I surveyed the situation before rushing in. I had arrived before the Streak, meaning that I didn't have much time to sit and watch. I had concluded that there was a hostage situation from what I could hear from my smart watch, which I had converted into a miniature police radio for on the go.

I found the back entrance of the bank and slipped through the door, my feet barely making any sound thanks to the lightweight plastic composite that my shoes were made from. I kept some energy swirling around my hands while I walked around the bank, not noticing anything strange yet apart from the alarms that were blaring. I closed my eyes, trying to use my powers to make a plan of the room like I had done back in S.T.A.R Labs, but there were too many walls and too much space to plan out in my head.

Up ahead, I could see shadows and hear people talking. I had every confidence in my ability to fight off these bad guys. I turned the corner, seeing four men stashing their bags full of money and whatever else they could find in the safe.

"Shouldn't you boys be out with the trash, not with the cash?" I said in my best American accent. Eve and I realised that it was pretty rare to find a British woman walking the streets of Central City, so if I wanted to blend in, I would have to put my years of acting lessons to good use.

"Look here boys; we got ourselves another wannabe superhero." One of the men, with quite a large gun strapped to him, said.

Wannabe, a classic track by the Spice Girls. It was the only thing that was going through my mind as I started to hum the tune to the rhythm of punches and moves that I pulled against the thieves. I used my telekinesis to pull the Spice Girl loving thief into the air above his men before slamming him against the shelves.

"Now, does anyone else want a try?" A spray of bullets headed my way, but I deflected them back at the robbers with a clench of my fist. I raised my hand and pushed it back down again, watching the men's guns clatter to the floor as I pulled my hand towards me, the weapons following my command.

"It's not like I didn't warn you, bozos." Two of the men were a little incapacitated from not being able to avoid the bullets which I had sent their way, but the two largest men were still left standing. One, which I had thrown against the shelf, looked pretty pissed off, to say the least, but I held my ground. I put both my hands up and clapped them together, pulling the two brawlers together and making them knock heads, one going unconscious.

The final man, the leader who I first threw about, was looking pretty worn out, but I knew I would have to wrap this up quickly. He tried to throw a punch at me, but in his state of anger, completely missed.

I remembered the time when I hit that poor kid in the jaw at Brendan's. I knew I had to find an opening and exploit his weak point. I didn't have time to study his weak points as he continued to punch aimlessly in my vague direction.

I was levitating off of the ground slightly, however, I soon dropped back down to the floor and ducked quickly, forcing the man to punch a solid lead wall. His knuckles made a familiar crunching and cracking sound as I built up some energy in my right fist before taking a swing at his jaw at the same angle I had done before. The man flew backwards and landed on one of his other men, who happened to have been shot by his gun.