Chapter Thirty-Two - Roy Pretends He's in Moulin Rouge

I stirred at around seven the next morning, thankfully waking at the same time as Laurel had. We conversed a little, but it was nothing of any value since it was evident that Laurel was not a morning person.

Being merged with your twin, I had realised, meant that things in my body happened twice as fast. Hair growth, blinking, nail growth, my menstrual cycle (probably the worst thing, ever) and heartbeat were all affected by this. Though, my senses were affected the most. I had only been noticing it recently, but my hearing had gotten a lot better, I could see at further distances than others, foods had been tasting more flavoursome, and my sense of smell had heightened.

Luckily, it was Laurel's day off today, meaning that she could drive me to meet Thea, who sounded excited on the phone when Laurel told her that I needed a new outfit.

A brunette bounded her way over to us, looking excited to see Laurel and to do some shopping. "Hey guys, are we ready to do some shopping?" Thea asked, smiling at me.

"I'm Emily, nice to meet you," I replied.

"Oh, that Emily?" She asked, looking at Laurel for confirmation.

"Yes, if you're referring to what I think you are," I chuckled.

"Is it true that you can talk to dead people?" Thea whispered.

"Uh, yes it is. It's a little creepy if I'm honest," I snorted, eyeing up some of the clothes in the windows of the stores.

"What do they say?" Laurel asked as we walked into a shop.

"They only remember their happiest times, so no, not their deaths, before you ask," I told them, moving some of the hangers out of the way to find a cute skirt.

"That's a bummer," Laurel muttered, shaking her head at the skirt.

"Em, what about this dress?" Thea asked, pulling out a purple cocktail dress. I tilted my head at it, moving closer to it and taking the hanger from her. It was a halter neck with a beaded bodice and a tight pleat skirt.

"Isn't the purple a little too close to home?" I said, looking sceptically at the dress

"I think you could get away with it," Thea shrugged as Laurel nodded.

"I'll try it on," I nodded, which received a few light cheers from my female companions. I walked into the fitting room, slipping my clothes off as I wiggled into the tight dress. As per usual, it would've been knee length on a more regular sized woman, however on giants like me; it would just scrape for mid-thigh if I kept pulling it down every twenty seconds.

"And I thought I had the nicest legs out of all of us," Laurel whined.

"I like it, though, I'm still not sure about the purple."

"There's one in red?" Laurel suggested.

"I might buy both, in case, later on, I wear the purple one," I grinned.