Chapter 8:"Yeah, I'll do you one better: Why's Gamora?"

Now Playing: Love Me Or Hate Me: Lady Sovereign

Love me or hate me, it's still an obsession

Love me or hate me, that is the question

If you love me then, thank you

If you hate me then, f*ck you

Six pairs of eyes immediately swooped toward her, then to the alien, she held in the air. Peter-Spider-boy had a gun at his head and struggled in a headlock. The pale female with the antennas was tied up via spider-web and looked onto the scene with interest.

That can't be all that comfortable, can it?

Does it really matter, she's not on our side, she attacked us.

Tony was holding his palms out to a blue female, who looked like a cyborg.

Stephen, orange holograms and all, looked as heroic as ever; stern face, like a teacher scolding a student, steady hands, and a firm stance.

The gun on Spider-boy's temple pressed closer. 

"You squish my guy, I fry yours." 

"Do it, I hardly know him." Stephen and Tony sent her appalled glances. 

"Do it, Quill. I can take it." Iris flashed him a look.

"Did I ask you? And he can't take it unless you'd like me to test that theory?" Iris flicked her fingers, and he went crashing into the floor, groaning in pain. She winced inside her head.

I don't want to do this.

Then why are you doing it?

"Don't test me, I don't want to hurt anyone else, but I will if need be." 

"Fine, then I'm going to ask you this one time: where is Gamora?" 

"Yeah, I'll do you one better: who's Gamora?" 

"I'll do you one better: why's Gamora?" 

"I swear If this is the part where someone asks 'when is Gamora?' I'll blow a gasket." Quill snarled and pressed the gun harder against his head. Iris could've sworn she saw Spider-boy-Peter flinch; she tightened her fingers and another groan from the alien on the ground found its way to everybody's ears. "Any second now his robs will start to break from the pressure, I suggest you start talking fast."

"You don't want to tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all four of you and I'll beat it out of Thanos myself, starting with you." He gestured to Spider-boy's head with the gun. Stephen spoke, confusion written on his face. 

"Wait what, Thanos? All right, let me ask you this one time, What master do you serve?" Even Iris rolled her eyes at that question, and so did Quill.

"What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say, Jesus?

"That would be nice."

"You're from Earth." It wasn't a question, and Iris knew it too.

"Not from Earth, I'm from Missouri."

"That's on Earth, dipshit." Stark snapped what Iris was thinking. "What are you hassling us for?" Quill looked just as confused as the rest of them.

"You're not with Thanos? " Tony looked almost relieved at the question like it wasn't the worst thing he'd expected.

"No, no we're here to stop him. Earth's Mightiest Heroes and stuff. Why are you here?"