Winning her parents

*Tom*
I am on my way down to get some lunch in the restaurant. I spend the morning in the gym and then I had a long hot shower. I haven't been able to get Lexie of my mind.. even less after having spoken to her yesterday evening. It's not only that I find her attractive, I do but it is not why she keep invading my thoughts. There is just something sad about her and it makes me want to do something to make her smile a real happy smile, one that reaches her eyes.

Shaking my head I look at myself in the elevator mirror, saying in a low voice,. "For God sake Tom, she is about to get married in a couple of weeks.. You like torturing yourself don't you".

The elevator plings and I get out. Promising myself to keep a distance. Avoid her a bit. Don't risk getting my feelings entangled. But then the first thing I see getting out of the elevator is her. She is sitting in the bar again, alone. And without even thinking I feel my feet carry me towards her.

Today she is wearing short black shorts and a black top with a blue plaid shirt over and her banged up all stars, that just happen to be the same I am wearing. She looks relaxed, but still manages to look utterly beautiful and sexy, even without an ounce of makeup.

"Well hello again Lexi, seem like we keep running into each other here". I say, sending her my best smile. Well nothing wrong in talking, right ?

She looks up with an unreadable look . "Yeah, unless you are stalking me Mr Hiddleston.. would that happen to be the case ?"

"No.. no I promise all an coincidence". I hope she don't really think that. But then a cheeky grin spread on her face. "Oh you were so pulling my leg weren't you ?"

"Well there is a lot of leg to pull there.. by the way I love your shoes". She say now with a big warm smile.

I sit down, stretching my legs in front of me. "Well they may be long, but they aren't as pretty as yours.. and I love your shoes too".

"Thank you, I mean I guess that was a compliment and I am sure you have pretty legs too, in a manly way that is". She say, twirling a curl between her fingers.

I pull my pant leg up a little, looking at the gangly hairy leg underneath. "Well, more hairy than pretty I would definitely say".

"You say it like it's a bad thing". She looks at me, biting her lip. "If you ask me men need to have hair, much more masculine and sexy. I can't stand that new, men should be smooth trend".

*Lexie*
Am I stepping over lines here ? I don't know.. maybe.. but it feels so natural, this friendly banter with him.. and well I mean it. It is actually one thing I always hated about Edward, he shaves his chest and his.. well family jewels and honestly I don't really care for it.. I prefer men to be natural.

"Well hair I got plenty of I think I would need a hedge trimmer to get through it some places". He say, with a cheeky grin. "So what are you up to today, just sitting here watching people ?"

"Actually I am waiting for my parents, again. We are going to have lunch". I hear voices and we both look up. I quickly decide to warn him. "And there they are.. uhm Tom, just a warning.. my mom.. she is kind of a fan of yours".

He look at my parents, who are slowly approaching. Both are smiling friendly, my mother looking a tad nervous. "I think I can handle that". He whispers back.

"Mom, dad.. meet Tom.. he is staying at the hotel too". I say. Hoping my mother is going to act her age at least, and not start fangirling to badly.

My father shakes Tom's hand, sending him a friendly smile. "Well a pleasure meeting you Tom".

"Likewise sir". Tom says smiling back, before turning to take my mom's hand in his. He looks thoughtful. "You look familiar.. Olivia right ? You were at the premiere of 'Hamlet' and you answered my tweets sometimes, back when I was active. I remember you."

My mom looks like she could faint and I groan internally.. this is so embarrassing. "Ohh you remember me, it's such an honour. You were amazing by the way.. I tried to get Lexie to come".

"Thank you Olivia, it is kind of you to say. But the honour is all mine". He lifts my mother's hand and gives it a light kiss.

I roll my eyes, oh God now she is going to be really impossible. Why does he have to be so damn charming ? "Well we should be going to lunch now. See you around Tom".

"Oh but why don't you join us for lunch Tom ?" My father asks him. I kind of want to say he can't, but another part of me wants him too. To say I am split would be taking it lightly.

Tom smiles warmly. "I would be honoured to sir".

"Please call me Sebastian. Well come on then. Lets go get some lunch kids". My father say, taking my mother's arm, leading her into the restaurant. Tom offers me his arm, which I accept.

I have to admit that I enjoy lunch immensely. Tom is not only funny and kind, but he knows so much, about almost everything. I must admit it floors me a bit. He doesn't look like the jock type but he knows sports too. He of course already had my mother wrapped around his fingers from the start. But soon him and my father is deep in a conversation about the Laker and sports in general, and I know he won my father's heart too.

"I am sorry to have to leave such excellent company". Tom says, standing up. We are done eating,and my parents are enjoying a cup of coffee. "But unfortunately I have a very important phone call scheduled here in ten minutes. But I do hope to see you all soon again".

"Thank you so much for joining us". My mom say, smiling up at him.

He shakes my father's hand. "Sebastian it was a pleasure, lets watch a lakers game together sometimes okay ?" My father smiles and nods. Then Tom grabs my mother's hand, kissing it again. "Such a pleasure Olivia". Making my mom giggle. At last he grabs my hand. "Lexie, an immense pleasure darling". When he then kisses my hand softly it sends tingles up through my arm.

"See you around Tom". I say, smiling at him. I am starting to get why my mom is such a fan of his. He is truly a great guy it seems. He just has this air about him, making you want to listen to him talk for hours.

When he has left my mother practically swoon. "Oh God, can you believe we just had lunch with Tom Hiddleston and he kissed my hand twice. He remembered me".

"If he wasn't young enough to be our son I would have been worried my dear". My father say with a chuckle. "No, he actually seems like a great guy and he know his sports". He sends me a look when he say the last thing.

I sigh. I know very well what he is referring too. "A man don't need to know sports to be a great guy. Edward is british, he just don't really understand american sports".

"He thought Lakers was a swimming team". My father says. "No Tom, he knows his sports, like a man should and he is british too. But he also know about a lot of other things. I hadn't expected a young man like him to have such indsigt".

"God dad, you are almost fangirling as bad as mom now". I say shaking my head and waving the waiter over. I mean yeah Tom is a great guy, I am sure of that by now. But it is embarrassing for me if my parents acts like this around him. I mean after all he is just a man.

The waiter comes over, but my father asks for the check, the waiter just smiles. "Don't worry sir, Mr Hiddleston has already taken care of that".

"What did I say Lexie, great guy". My father say putting his wallet away and my mother is right back to gushing over him, talking about how sweet and gentleman like it is.