When mom is a Hiddlestoner

*Lexie*
I had gotten that feeling, you know like someone is watching you, but I can see anyone, so I must have just imagined it. I shrug to myself and walk inside to the reception. Instantly hearing my mother's voice. "Lexie sweetie".

"Mom, dad, so good to see you". I say happily, hugging them both. I have always been very close with my parents. And I am happy that they are the first people I run into at this place.

My mom look at me, shaking her head slightly. "You look beautiful my girl, but not like someone marrying into British royalty. By the way where is Edward ?"

"He had to go to an important conference in Vegas". I say with a small shrug. "But he should be here in about a week, for all the important things".I know my mother won't approve.

And I was right, my mother looks a bit disapproving. "And he couldn't put his work aside even for his own wedding ? I mean it's his family wanting this big extravagant party at this fancy place. I am happy they are paying for everything, because me and Your father could never afford to stay here for almost a month".

"Well the doctor probably have important patients to attend to and even more important connections to make". My father says, as always trying to smooth things over, well kind of.

"Yeah I am sure there are some very important strippers who need new boobs and Hollywood hot shots whit liposuction emergencies". My mom say, making a face. She is not overly impressed by Edward's job.

I can't help giggling and my father rolls his eyes. "It's okay mom". I tell her. "Then I have more time to spend with you guys".

"And we are very happy for that pumpkin, because we don't see you enough these days. But we would have loved to get to know Edward better to.. and his family of course". My father says with a kind smile.

I groan internally at the mention of Edwards family. I have only met them once, when we went to visit them for 2 weeks, but honestly it was more than enough. And I know his family and mine Will mix like Oil and water.  "Well, just be prepared.. they are.. well very british.. in a bad way".

"I am sure they are not that bad, maybe you just need to get to know them better". My mother say. "And I mean who wouldn't love you my dear ?"

That is when I hear the scrill voice of Elizabeth Throckmorton and turn to see her approach, her stilettos clicking on the tiled floor. "Lexie dear, finally you are here.. we have so much to do".

"Elizabeth". I say, smiling. Watching the impeccable woman walk over to give me an airy hug and even more airy kisses to each of my cheeks. "Come meet my parents.. Olivia and Sebastian Miller".

I can see how she gives my parents a once over, and decide that they are hardly worth her time. Before she says hallo, extending her perfectly manicured hand for them to shake. My parents both smile and greet her, but I can feel that they are disappointed, just as I expected.

"I found the most beautiful dress for you. You are going to look like a princess. Well after we do something with those God awful curls". She say pulling at a lock of my hair, shaking her head.

My father furrows his brow, his voice colder than I ever heard it before. "Well I happen to think that Lexie's curls are beautiful and fits her very well".

"They are just so wild, she really can't have those for the wedding. How would we ever get a tiara on her head ?" Elizabeth say with a smile. "Well nice meeting you all. I need to go for a meeting with the wedding planner.. ta ta". And then she is of.

"Nice woman, really heart warming I got to say". My father say sarcastically looking after her, my mother shaking her head.

I sigh. "Yeah sorry guys, I told you. She is something else. But luckily for me she lives in England, so I won't see her to often after the wedding. Edward is not really one who visit his parents to much".