51. He loves her to the moon and back

Start from the beginning

************************************

"And now please welcome the stars of tonight's game, The Tigers." Max roared on the microphone, making everyone cheer up.

And from the door came all the players of Lakeview preparatory, big smiles on their faces.

Faye searched for a certain face in the crowd, her eyes looking lost. He was nowhere to be found.

"Where's River?" Faye asked Aubree, gulping.

"I don't know woman." She replied with a shrug.

"And now the worthy opponents and the players that made this tournament more fun and exciting, The Kings."

It was like a ritual.

Every opponent team was always invited to the after parties. You know, for the nice game they had, as a matter of respect.

And they did walk through the door, with River talking to the players of the opponent team, laughing at something that they said.

A smile appeared on her face.

Faye always loved that about him.

He never made someone feel like a loser. He was the kind of guy who never used to bring a game into friendship. Always respecting his opponents and never thinking less of them.

She blushed furiously invaded as she found him looking at her.

Faye suddenly was conscious about what she was wearing and started to sooth her short blood red dress, fixing her hair.

"And there's your candy, only having eye for you." Aubree giggled, pointing at him.

River bid farewell to the guys near him and he, along with Zach started walking up to them, a big smile embracing his features.

"Congrats mate." Max jumped out of nowhere, enveloping them into a big hug. And then it was each and every creature that was in the big hall.

Everyone started to congratulate them, chanting their names. And soon, they were getting suffocated and tortured by the fangirls.

Faye stood in the corner with Aubree and Madeline, laughing at the scenario that they were creating.

"They are gonna die like that." They laughed at that.

"I know, I mea-" Faye stopped talking when she felt a grip on her wrist.

Turning around, she looked at the person. The guy was wearing a black beanie over his head, hiding from everyone.

Faye knew who it was. Of course she did. And a smile played on her lips as he pulled her away from the crowd and ran out of the house.

"I was quite enjoying the show." She giggled as he pulled away his beanie, revealing his messy hair.

"Really? Cause guess what? I wasn't." He said in a high pitched voice, making her laugh.

"Congratulations to you too Mr quarterback." She said when her laughter died, planting a soft kiss on his cheeks.

River stood there, frozen, his eyes almost bulging out of his sockets.

"Did you just kiss me?" He asked.

"Umm yeah?" She fidgeted with her hands, looking away, biting her lips.

"Can you do it one more time?" He asked, his hand on the place where she had kissed him.

"What?" She looked at him, baffled.

"Can you, ah, kiss me one more time?" And she pulled him into a tight hug, planting a kiss on his cheek.

He instantly melted in her embrace and closing his eyes, he took her in.

Inhaling her.

It was the best day of his life, he declared as he laid his head on the crook of her neck.

He loved her hair, he realised as he ran her hand through the locks.

He loved her hands, her lips.

He loved her.

And at the time, he would have give up everything to just be in her arms.

"River, we need to go back." She whispered, slowly pulling away.

"I don't want to." He said, grabbing her hand.

"They are waiting for you. Come on." She laughed, pulling him towards the entrance.

"You kidding, right? No way in hell am going back! Do you want me to get killed Lockwood?" He glared at her, making her laugh more.

"Alright alright, what do you want us to do?" She asked before sitting on the grass.

"Let's get away from here." There was a devilish glint on his face.

"No way. We are not going away from here Blake, this is your party. They wants you here. Come on, that will be unfair." And now, there was a soft glare on her face.

"Oh come on Faye, they would not even care. Plus, everyone is having a great time. No one will notice."

"They will. They will know that we both sneaked out."

"Ahh, come on Faye. You said you want me to celebrate, but I will not have any fun with everyone glued near me. I want to enjoy. With you." He whispered those last words, making her melt.

He was close to her that she could almost feel his occasional breathing.

She let out a shaky breath, looking up to meet his gaze.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Anywhere. I don't care as long as I am with you."
************************************

The next chapter is gonna be handful. *smirking*.

And bitch am so ready for it.

QOTD: Where are you all from? And in what time are you reading this?!!!! (Cause, curious) *wink*

@tomboy_16