Y/n smiled and turned toward the seats and let out a small gasp upon seeing a familiar pair of green eyes.

"Come on." Jasper spoke while tugging on her sisters arm. Jasper sitting directly next to Lauren.

"H-hi." Lauren speaks looking toward the floor, but her tensed shoulders clearly indicate she was talking to Y/n.

Y/n uneasily sat beside Jasper, ignoring Lauren, as well as the dull ache she'd been feeling since yesterday.

"Hey Lauren," Jasper smiled politely while whipping out her own phone to start playing games.
______

"If you could please lie back, we will be able to put the gel on your belly and take a peak of the baby and tell you the gender as well." The nurse smiled gently while holding the gel tube in one hand.

"Alright this might be a little cold at first." She warned while placing it on Y/n's stomach.

Y/n only nodded and shivered upon feeling the cool gel soothing her semi-burning stomach. She almost sighed at the relaxing feeling of the gel but decoded against it. Lauren was sitting in the chair directly next to her and she refused to let her guard down.

"Alright and now I will apply some pressure, first we should hear the baby's heartbeat, then the gender reveal." the technician smiled as the nurse stepped aside, taking off the glove she had used for the gel.

Y/n nodded once again and tensed up for a second until adjusting, she faced her head toward the screen, and focused on it.

"Thats a little strange." The technician whispers and adjusts the image on the screen.

"Whats wrong?" Lauren immediately asks while instinctively squeezing her own arm.

"I can't seem to, oh dear." The technician speaks but continues looking at the screen.

"Whats going on? Is my baby okay?" Y/n asks while looking at her belly and placing her hand on the side of her stomach and looking back up at the screen.

"I- I'm so sorry to inform you-" The technician begins before Lauren can already figure out what she's trying to say.

"No." Lauren begins as tears fill her eyes.

"Whats wrong with my baby?" Y/n asks, having a clue, but not yet wanting to believe those words.

"I can't find your baby's heartbeat."

"Look again." Lauren's nostrils flare.

"I've been searching for the past twelve minutes Ms. Jauregui. I see the body right here, the head, the hands-" she zooms out of view to press on a different part of Y/n's small stomach "-the feet. But no heartbeat."

"No. That- thats not true." Y/n lets out a laugh as the tears fall from her own eyes. "He or she is right there. My little nugget. My baby is alive and right there!" She ends up yelling toward the end, angrily.

"Y/n calm down." Lauren begins while placing a hand on Y/n's arm.

"Calm down? Calm down! You don't have the right to tell me how to feel about my child." Y/n protests angrily and facing the doctor immediately. "Please tell me this is a sick joke." Y/n asks.

"I'm sorry. But your child is no longer with us. I'll send the doctor in to speak with you." The technician speaks while politely saying her goodbyes, apologizing once more, and waiting for the nurse to take the gel off of Y/n. As soon as the technician leaves the room, Y/n is hit by the reality of what has happened.

"Y/n," Lauren begins but lets out a sob.

"I- I." Y/n's tears start to flood her face as she feels like her world is crumbling.

"I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be hurting to bad. This is all my fault." Lauren starts crying and covers her mouth with her hands as she falls onto her knees.

"My baby." Y/n states again.

There is a knock on the door and the doctor steps in with his face dropped.

"This is possibly the worst news anyone can take, and this is not the best time to talk with you. But we will have to schedule a D&C to get the fetus out of your body. We will let you have three days to yourself so you can say goodbye and mourn in peace. But after that we will need to take the body out and-"

"Was it a boy or a girl?" Y/n squeaks out while trembling.

The doctor sighs and lifts his head up to look at Y/n who can't seem to look at anything except her stomach, so he looks at Lauren.

"Because of Ms. Jauregui's medical condition we are unsure of the gender.It's possible that the baby could be 100% male, or female with a penis." The doctor speaks.

"Thank you." Lauren chokes back a sob as she watches the doctor leave.

"Come on Y/n. Lets take you home." Lauren speaks while picking her up by carefully placing Y/n's legs around her waist.
______