Chapter Nine

"What?!" I shouted. Brendon cupped his hand over my mouth, to prevent further screaming.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked. Brendon shrugged and ran both of his hands through his hair. 

"I mean, I do have a proposal, but they may not let me do it." He closed his eyes and fell back onto the wall, gently. 

"What is it?" I asked him, sitting on my bed.

"I could adopt you, or even just let you stay with me until we figure out what's going on with you." He stated. I smiled and started jumping around. 

"That's amazing! Please, do that!" I begged. I was on the verge of dropping onto my knees and begging even harder.

"I can ask them, because, I'm technically adopting you, not in work." He winked.

"But you aren't saddened or anything by the fact that your parents set you up for adoption? Like, no feelings at all?" He questioned. I shook my head no and smiled.

"I'm glad. I'll finally be able to stay in the hands of someone who can take care of me." We both looked at each other for a moment, just examining each other.

"I'm gonna go talk to the manager, I'll be back." He said in the terminator's voice. I humphed, accompanying it with a wry smile. His jokes always got a decent reaction out of me. He closed the door, not locking it. Brendon knows I'm not gonna run away. I waited as he talked to the manager. I looked in my drawers, seeing all the gifts that Brendon had gotten me. Some clothes, a teddy bear, a throw blanket, and the most valuable: a framed photo of us together. Brendon took his phone out a lot and we took random selfies together. But we both had the same favorite one, and he got that one framed in a heart frame. I kept it on my drawer. I heard the door open and turned around, watching Brendon and the manager of the ward walk in. 

"Hello miss Faelecia." Mister Huckabee greeted me. I waved back, still shy around new people. Brendon looked at me, watching my cheeks grow red in timidity.

"Sorry sir, she's still learning how to be less shy with people." Brendon smiled. Mister Huckabee chuckled and gave a nonchalant hand motion.

"No worries, Urie! She looks better than when she first came in, that's for sure!" He laughed. I felt a small smile tug on my lips. 

"So, I've been contacted by Debra, our lovely receptionist, that Faelecia's parents had put her up for adoption. Now she has no place to go, and I would like to adopt her myself. Does that sound good? I'd be able to help her whenever and she claims she's always more comfortable with me than her real parents." Brendon explained. I looked at both of them with all the hope in the world. 

"Well, it seems to me that you already have a plan figured out. And we do need someone who is willing to deal with all her disorders and such. I think it's totally fine if you decide to adopt her. How do you feel about this, miss Faelecia?" Asked mister Huckabee, lowering down to be level with me. He must have thought that I was five years old. Brendon stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. 

"I-I think that Brendon, I-I mean doctor Urie would be an amazing parent. He knows all of my problems and can help me out of any of my breakdowns, has helped me through spirals and talked me out of many things which I should not have been thinking of. And I rather live with Brendon than anyone else." I stated. He looked at me in dumbfound, shocked at my answer. 

"Well, Brendon Urie, you're going to be a father!"