Chapter Three

Christmas Eve

"So, anything you want for Christmas?" Brendon asked, balancing on his heels. I shrugged.

"I actually didn't think of that. Being here I guessed we didn't do those things." I confessed.

"You didn't see the big Christmas tree in the cafeteria?" He chuckled.

"The one with no decorations on it?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Touché!" He chuckled. I smiled and got up, just stretching.

"Here! Let's go for a walk!" He passed me his hand, and I was quick to grab it. We've grown a quick bond. Now I'm less shy in front of him, and I'm way more open.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He looked down at me and smiled.

"You'll see!" I sighed and let my head fall on his arm as we walked.

"Here we are!" He smiled. We were in the cafeteria. Really?

"You and I are going to decorate this tree! I'll get the boxes from the supply closet and we'll decorate it! How does that sound?" He asked.

"It sounds really fun!" I exclaimed. I wasn't wrong, it did.

"So... follow me!" Brendon cheered. I grabbed his hand again and he lead us to a small little closet. There was a small light switch beside the door, which Brendon turned on.

"Okay, we're on the hunt for some Christmas decorations, if you see any, tell me."

"Found some." I pointed to the big box labelled 'Christmas'.

"Well! That was easy..." he chuckled. He bent down to grab the box, and then we were just about to leave when...

"Brendon, someone just shut the door-" then we heard a lock.

"And locked it..." I closed my eyes.

"S**t, s**t, s**t! I don't have my keys with me!" He shouted.

"Where are they?" I asked.

"Well... I have them. I just have the crucial ones. Like the one for your room, and all the other important rooms here. I never thought I'd need the ones for the closet!" He sighed heavily and put the box down.

"We might as well see what's in here..." We both sat on the floor and started pulling things out of the box.

"Well, there are balls to put on the tree." I said, taking one out for showcase.

"Lemme see!" I rolled it to him gently. He picked it up, examining it closely.

"These are pretty nice!" He commented.

"Brendon... this room is too small." I whispered, feeling my anxiety grow.

"Yeah, I know. Like why can't they build a bigger closet?" He sighed.

"No! Brendon! I-I'm claustrophobic. I-I can't handle this..." I breathed. He came rushing to me, wrapping me in a tight hug.

"Don't worry, you're safe. Alright?" He rubbed my back slowly. I, on the other hand, was hyperventilating.

"Listen to my heartbeat. Focus on that, okay?" He asked. I nodded slowly and just listened. It did calm me.

"Brendon?" I practically whispered.

"Mhmm?" He nodded.

"Can't you just call one of the other doctors with your phone...?" I suggested.

"Damn..." He let go of the hug and pulled his phone out. Then, dialling a number, he blew a piece of hair out of his face.

"Hey! Jenny? Yeah... my patient and I are locked in the cafeteria closet, can you help me? Well I mean, you could just lock him in his room. Okay, we'll be waiting. Thanks a lot Jen! Bye!" He smiled as he put the phone back in his pocket.

Who the hell is jenny?!

"Okay! We're gonna be able to get out of here." Brendon cheered. I just nodded slowly and looked down.

"Hey... what's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing... it's not a big deal!" I continued looking down.

"No, something's the matter. Just tell me..." he walked over to me.

"Who's Jenny?" I looked up to meet face with him. Suddenly, I heard a door unlocking, and saw a rather old woman.

"Jenny! Thank you so much!" Brendon looked at me, cocked his eyebrow, and hugged Jenny.

"No problem young one!" She smiled at Brendon and me.

"Bye Jen!" Brendon placed his hand on his hips, and gave me a sassy look.

"Were you jealous of Jenny?" He chuckled.

"Maybe..." I balanced on my heels.

"Cmon, let's go decorate the tree!" He hugged me and the picked up the box.

What a relief...