Chaptre 4

All i could hear was distant whispers . I couldn't decipher the words though and My eyelashes felt so heavy i couldn't open them either.

"- Oh my god Luke ! " a familiar pitched voice cried followed with a man rambling something under his breath .

I frowned as a i felt a sudden headache and tried to open my eyes only to be blinded by the brightness. I managed to open them slowly adjusting to the light , My heart throbbing uncontrollably. I turned my head slowly to the right as my eyes locked with Hailee's .

Hailee? What is she doing here ?

"- Oh my lord !" She cried as she wrapped her arms around my body lying her head on my chest .

"- I was so damn worried about you !" I patted her head apologizing for my behaviour  . Someone took my hand in his and i turned to meet tiana . A worried look in her eyes . I managed to smile , a ghost smile , to ease the tension in the room .

"- What happened Jada ? I found you fainted in the forest ,.." suddenly all the events come rushing in my head . And it took me everything to not burst crying .

"- I guess , .. i was just tired ." I lied resting on the bedboard. I could see the uncertainty in her eyes from the corner of my eyes and i prayed she will drop the subject .

And thank god she did as she hands me a glass of water and helped me to drink it .

"- Where am i ?" I finally asked the question that was lingering on the tip of my mouth .

"- Pack infirmary." I nodded sitting up .

"- Then i guess we should go right ?" Hailee looked unsure but she nodded anyway saying that if i feel tired i'll just have to call her and she will be beside me in a matter of minute .

"- And don't forget to come home soon !" She scowled me before she was dragged by her mate . Oh how much i hate him .

The door closed , Tiana turned to look at me with anger and confidence.

"- I'm the one who picked you. I saw your buffed eyes and the state you were in . Dont dare lie to me ever again ." And i sighed before rambling about what happened . A tiny weigh lifted my shoulders . The last thing i want to do is keeping secret from her , especially her .

—-

"- You sure you are okay ?" Tiana asked me with a worried look . I sniffled whipping my tears .

"- Little bit sappy . Going to be alright no worries ." She remained silent with a frown . His heartless expression keeps flashing in my head as i tried hard to erase the image of his cold eyes or the way he rejected me without giving me a chance to get to know him .

Okay i get it ! he have something with mates or he just hates mates wich is unusual but do i deserve it ? Oh moon goddess please help me .

"- So .." .

"- So." I choked a sob wipping the tears again from my swolen eyes with my shirtsleeve . And hell my eyes burn from all the cries .

"- What are you going to do .." she whispered as if she was afraid of my reaction and she probably is . I mean come on i was just rejected like a trash and vulgaraly by my mate . Something that rarely happen . Besides i wasn't ready for that and never have i thought about experiencing it . Hell it hurts so much i dont think i will bear it for a long time .

"- I don't know Tiana okay ? I'm so fcked up right now ! My head hurts so much and my wolf is whimpering and whining nonstop . And i dont know how or why this cursed wolf makes me feel her pain but i just want to forget the whole thing . I cant stay stucked with this for the rest of my life . I cant..." my voice cracked at the end and i swallowed my tears . No Jada you should stop. You can't be silly and a crybaby and cry over someone who doesnt give a shit about you .

"- I need to clear my head Tiana .." immediately her eyes light up and a small smile curled her lips before she mask it with a cough .

"- I know then where we should go ."

—-

"- Really that was your plan?" I asked blinking my tired eyes while eating a spoonful of icecream . The cookies dough one , my favorite .

"- Well don't worry about it . Beside you'll forget everything when you see thomas Doherty ." She shrugged nonchalantly drooling when she saw thomas in the descendants on the Tv . Yah , he is quiet fit but nothing compared to my ex-mate .

"- Don't you think that Dove is so lucky ?" She arched her brows though her eyes were still fixed at the tv . If anything you guys need to know is that Tiana here , is a huge fan of Thomas . And i'm not even emphasizing it .

"- Maybe . Who knows . She deserved it though ." She groaned rolling her eyes before pointing at me with her finger .

"- Of course , of course ."

We remained watching Tv wrapped on a thin blanket with her dog , Beau , beside our feet . I don't know how much we spent time watching episode after episode but when my batch was empty , i hear the door being open softly .

Tiana immediately jumped from her seat and it didn't take me too long to know that the person who came here was her mate . Did he actually just come to see here at 11 pm?

I couldn't help the jealousy that stabbed me . I shouldn't feel this , she is my bestfriend of course i have to be happy for her and wish her the best . Besides i can mate with another male who had the same faith like mine or who just couldn't find his mate and i can try and develop feeling for him .

We will mark each other and be happy together even if the moon goddess didnt pair us together . We can even get married and build a family . And for a split of second everything seemed possible for me . A new beginning .

But everything happen to crawls down slowly when my eyes met a stroking emerald eyes. And it didn't take me long to understand it.

This man is the Alpha and he's tiana mate and something for sure , i need to get my shit out of here.

—-

Im sorry i'm slow i know . But i had my final exams and now im on holiday so yah . More update 😄.