Chaptre 3

" I .." I stuttered. My mind was clouded and all my thoughts drifted concentrating solely on him . My mate.

And as unbelievable as it seemed , i totally argue with the  girl who said she doesn't need her mate . I just ,.. can't believe myself thinking of a future without a mate . Without all those wonderful feelings .

And i could already picture myself with him , snuggling on our future bed as we watch netflix , my arms around his waist as his arm hangs loosely around my body . Picturing as with children running around . Picturing myself with a marriage where unfortunately, his father will walk me down the aisle , picturing me-

"- No.." I heard him unsure of himself frowning . My dreams were interrupted and my smile dropped when i saw the confused look on his eyes . And more , the glint of rage and disgust .

Di-disgust ?! We're not going trough this no !

"- Hey.." i said trying to smooth the tense atmosphere but he only narrowed him eyes at me sighing deeply . And as cliché as it sounds like , it took me everything to not tackle him and shower him with kisses .

"- Look ." He sternly said taking few steps towards me though letting a space between us . I couldn't dare look at his eyes though . Because not only his eyes was mesmerizing but also i had that dread that was consuming me and my wolf that i could heard in the back of my mind almost begging me not to hear his sorrow words .

Tingles shoot all my body when he puts his fingers under my chin and lifts my head so that my eyes lock with his. He looked for an instant in pain , debating on whatever he was going to tell me . I , on the other hand , couldn't help but pray the moon goddess to ease my mate and make him a bit cheerful  for finding his mate .

Why wasn't he exited like i was ?! Why can't i find that glint of lust and love in his eyes ?! Why can't i see-

"- We can't be together . I cant have a mate . I know it will kill you but it's better for both of us ."

And at that same moment , i hoped i was deaf . I hoped i was only dreaming , a bad dream , a nightmare that's it . Oh how i wished it was a bad joke , a really bad joke .

But my salted tears told me otherwise as they smeared  my cheeks , soaking my t-shirt uncontrollably. And my muffled sobs only confirmed it .  He was taking deep breath , probably to calm his wolf but how could he dare reject me without a freaking excuse !? How !

"- Go." He fisted his hands , clenching his jaws .

"- How could you .." i muttered under my breath my pain turning into a huge rage . The rage consumed me and all i saw was red , i was fuming ."

"- Look it's better we're not together . I don't need you okay ? I'm living my best life and i dont want some chick relying on me !" He shouted in order to flinch but i didn't flinch . I was so angry at him that all i wanted to do was punch him .

"- You thought what ?!" I screamed with both of my lungs ." That i'm such a pathetic girl who will gladly accept your rejecting and go mop the floor with her tears ?! I'm sorry im not enough for you! And i'm sorry i'm not the mate you wanted and i'm sorry i'm-"

"- Just fucking go away and shut the fuck up already !"  I tensed and wanted to slap him , oh i so wanted to . And i dont know what happened but the last thing i remember is me slapping him hardly and getting away from him , running to god knows where . And i could heard my wolf . Passing around furiously  , whimpering and whining about the idea of her mate rejecting her .  And before i collapse on the floor i could finally and for the first time ever hear her but i couldn't really tell if it was her or just my pure imagination as i tiredness and sadness engulfed me .

Stay strong Jada .