CH 34: He's Awake

[excuses HERE excuses THERE excuses EVERYWHERE for why this chapter took so long hehe...]

When they finally arrived at the house, Jin and one of his clients carefully carried Jimin up into his bedroom and put Jungkook on the couch downstairs. Jimin wouldn't stop complaining and asking why Jungkook couldn't be next to him, but Jimin has no energy to fight.

His body felt as if he had just done a full body workout in an entire day. He felt sore, limp, sweaty, probably from his body overworking itself trying to heal him. Mere minutes after being placed on his bed, Jimin passed out from exhaustion.

Meanwhile, Jin was downstairs with Jungkook. He was writing some things down in a journal as he observed the still unconscious Jungkook. He closed his journal and sighed, rubbing his hands over his face as his clients finally left.

Jin approached Jungkook and felt his pulse, listened to his heartbeat and breathing; abnormal.

He paced around the room in continuous thought, a million things running through his mind. He ventured into the kitchen and grabbed a can of blood and opened it as he went back into the room with Jungkook.

Not long after returning and taking a few sips of blood, he saw Jungkook fidget slightly. Jin slowly approached Jungkook and waved the drink close to Jungkook's nose, seeing his breathing pick up and a few facial features twitch. Jin defeatingly sat down on the ground beside Jungkook.

"Damnit.." He mumbled to himself. "This only confirms it."

Jin stood up and tilted Jungkook's head back slighlty before opening his mouth and slowly pouring some of the blood into Jungkook's mouth.

Jin pulled the drink back and saw Jungkook's facial expression change; he looked satiated, fulfilled. Jin felt relieved but saddened at the same time. He knew what this meant: Jungkook had turned.

Jungkook was now a vampire. And how was he ever gonna tell Jimin.

He knew this would break Jimin, destroy him. Sure he's happy that he's alive, but undead? And how was Jungkook gonna react to this? Jin felt like the weight of the world was falling on his shoulders.

With his vampire senses, Jin could hear Jimin sound asleep upstairs so that might give him some time to think of a way to break the news to Jimin, but he doesn't know when Jungkook will wake up.

Jin approached Jungkook once again and lifted up his lips slightly, his fangs were already starting to develop. His canine teeth were sharpening to points faster than he would've thought.

Jin rushed to the back door and exploded into the backyard. The backyard, like the rest of the house, was right alongside a river. Jin walked to the railing and leaned his weight onto the frame, needing some fresh air to clear his head.

He buried his head in his arms as he listened to the water flow, taking careful breaths to try and calm himself down.

I need to think of something. Jin thought to himself. Maybe I should wait until Jimin is able to walk on his own before I tell him. That way he's not struggling to get downstairs while his body is healing destroyed organs. But what if Jungkook wakes up before then? How do I explain all this to him? Jimin would be pissed if I broke the news to Jungkook instead of him.."

Jin sighed loudly as he fell to the ground, his hands covering his face as he leaned his head against the cold metal bars in front of him.

Before he could decide on a course of action, he heard noise from inside the house. Without a single thought, Jin rushed back into the house to see Jungkook was awake.

He was on the floor, clearly he fell over from trying to stand up and walk. He was probably a little disoriented, so Jin went and helped him stand up. As Jungkook lifted his head to thank Jin for helping him, Jin noticeably looked taken back.

Jungkook's eyes were a bright ruby red, just like Jin's, Jimin's, and all other vampires.

Jungkook gave Jin and confused expression before Jin smiled at him.

"You okay?" Jin finally asked.

"Y-yeah." Jungkook responded. "I tried to stand up but felt kinda weak all of a sudden."

"Here, why don't you sit down and I'll get you something to drink. Maybe that'll help." Jin said helping Jungkook back to the couch.

As Jungkook sat and waited for Jin, he noticed he was able to see pretty clearly, a lot clearer than he remembered. He felt like he could hear the sound of the water outside was much louder than before, but maybe it's just from the back door being open from when Jin was outside.

Jin entered the kitchen and grabbed a can of blood from the fridge. He hesitated before looking around for a water bottle or some kind of cup that wasn't clear.

He found a bottle and filled it with the blood from the can and closed the lid over it before going back to Jungkook. He calmly handed the drink to Jungkook before sitting on the couch beside him.

"I think this drink will make you feel better. Tell me what you think of it." Jin asked.

Jungkook nodded as he slid the lid on the bottle over and began to drink the contents of the bottle. Before he even realized it, Jungkook had drank the entire bottle as was gasping for air once he finished.

"That was amazing! Can I have more?" Jungkook asked.

"Maybe later. We need to take it easy here first." Jin said taking the bottle from Jungkook and placing it on the floor.

"So how are you feeling? I know a lot happened last night and I wanna make sure you're doing okay."

Jungkook sighed as he looked out a nearby window. Seeing the sun shining and seeing a few bugs fly by the window, it was a crazy contrast to what happened just 24 hours prior.

All the memories of being kidnapped, held prisoner, pushed and yanked around before finally plummeting, all came souring back to a Jungkook like a flash of light.

Jungkook clenched his fists as he tried to stabilize his breathing. He blinked frantically as he tried to regain his composure and speak.

"Can we talk about it later?" Jungkook whispered as he could feel his emotions building up inside of him.

"Yeah totally!" Jin said placing his hands on Jungkook's shoulders, desperately trying to keep Jungkook calm. "Don't worry, we'll talk about it another time."

Jungkook sighed and his shoulders relaxed and his hands softened. "Thanks." Jungkook muttered.

[To Be Continued...]

[Yeah this chapter kinda sucked and I'm sorry for that😅 I wrote this in one sitting here at 1am (the time I usually write my stories pfft) because I felt bad that it's been so long. I just wanted to get SOMETHING out for you guys even though I feel like I'm letting you guys down with how lackluster this chapter is, but I hope it's at least tolerable for now😅]