CH 25: You Missed This

[I'm sure almost all of you heard the recent news about SHINee's Jonghyun. I felt that during this hard time for everyone, I would write this chapter in hopes that even if this gives just the tiniest bit of happiness to someone, that'll be enough for me. As someone who is still currently battling depression and anxiety, I beg anyone else going through this to seek help. I did and I've never felt more prepared to fight this battle. I know I'm not alone despite what my mind tries to tell me. It's a never ending war, but I'm armed to the teeth to defend myself and the people I love. Please please PLEASE don't be ashamed or nervous or whatever to tell people what you're feeling. My therapist is always challenging me to find ways to express myself and my feelings and my family as a result are so much more understanding. I'm sorry for getting so derailed here, but as this is a huge shock for everyone and about a topic I feel strongly about, so I just needed to voice my opinion. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I hope it gives you some light during this dark time, but remember, all dark times eventually pass. Take care of yourself everyone<3]

"Jungkook, what're you doing here?" Jungkook's dad asked after seeing his son walk in with two vampires.

"I could be asking you the same thing! I thought you were on a business trip."

"Wait, what's going on?" Jimin asked.

"Jimin, he's my dad." Jungkook said.

Jin and Jimin's eyes were the size of dinner plates. The room was silent for a moment as everyone gathered their thoughts.

"How about we all sit down." Jungkook's dad said walking back to his desk.

All three boys followed in his direction and took seats on the couch in front of the desk. When they were all seated, Jungkook's father placed his hands on his desk as he sat forward.

"I guess since we're all here, we should probably address the obvious. Jin, Jimin, Jungkook here is my son." He said gesturing to Jungkook. "And Jungkook, you've clearly met Jin and Jimin."

"Clearly." Jungkook muttered under his breath with his eyes glued to the floor.

Jungkook's father took a deep breath. "Jungkook, I'm sure you're wondering how I know Jin and Jimin and what they are."

Jungkook's head shot up. "You know they're vampires?"

Jungkook's father nodded. "I do."

"How?"

"It wasn't long after I met your mother. I was waiting outside after working extra hours at the office for a cab and heard someone in the alley near by. It sounded like people were fighting and I wanted to help. I ran down the alley and the next thing I know, I'm laying on a floor the next morning with these two looking down on me. They saved me from a vampire attack and took pity on me. They took me back to their home by the river until I recovered."

Jungkook looked to Jimin. "Your house? The place you took me before?" Jungkook thought. Jimin nodded his head.

"After that day," Jungkook's father said gaining Jungkook's attention back. "I told Jin and Jimin that I would do everything I could to repay them for saving my life. I help them in every way I can with whatever they need, even going as far as giving them money every month."

Jungkook sank back into his seat as he tried to process everything. "So, you've known them for years and never told me? Does mom know?"

"The reason I never told you was because it would've put you and your mother in danger, so she doesn't know anything either."

"I can't believe this." Jungkook said as he buried his head into his hands and roughed up his hair.

"So, why are you boys even here?" Jungkook's father asked.

For awhile, everyone forgot why they came here in the first place after finding out The Boss is Jungkook's father.

"Oh yeah." Jin said sitting forward.

"Jungkook has kinda being targeted by Suga and Rapmon, and we came here for some extra protection for him."

[Btw I know Rapmon's new name is RM but because I wrote this fanfic before he changed his name, I'm gonna keep calling him Rapmon. If I ever write another BTS fanfic I'll call him RM blah blah blah don't hate me thx]

"Targeted by Suga? Oh no." Jungkook's father paused for a moment. "I'll do anything you guys want me to. What do you need?"

"That's the thing, we kinda don't know what to do ourselves. Do you have any ideas?"

"Why is Jungkook being targeted in the first place? Don't tell me you've messed with the wrong vampires Jungkook.."

"What? No dad, I seriously haven't done anything! Literally! None of this vampire shit is even remotely my fault!"

"Jungkook," Jungkook's dad interrupted in a stern fatherly voice. "Language."

Jimin placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "How about we get some fresh air okay?"

Jungkook looked into Jimin's empathetic eyes and sighed in agreement. "You guys brainstorm." Jimin said to Jin and the boss walking out of the office and back onto the veranda.

Jungkook went to the edge and leaned on the gate overlooking the city. He sighed again as he recounted in his head everything he just learned.

It turns out his family, specifically his dad, has known about vampires his whole life and somehow Jungkook was oblivious to everything. Jimin walked over and stood next to Jungkook as he was lost in his own thoughts.

"Jungkook," Jimin said while looking out onto the city. "I'm sorry. I'm so... so sorry."

Jungkook turned his head to see Jimin holding back tears.

"Whoa whoa whoa Jimin," Jungkook said concerned. "Are you crying?"

Jimin wiped his eyes of tears before giving a soft laugh. "I just-I just feel so bad. Your entire life has been turned upside down because of me being selfish. You're learning that your dad has been keeping secrets from you and your life is in danger and just... it's all my fault."

"I feel like you're taking the news of my dad harder than I am." Jungkook said earning a chuckle from Jimin.

"Seems so."

"You need to stop being so weird in front of me. Where's the laid back, confident Jimin I first met? The one that would make fun of and tease me all the time."

Jimin turned to Jungkook with an evil smile on his face. "Why? Did you miss the teasing or something?" Jimin said slowly getting closer to Jungkook.

"No no no wait hold on.." Jungkook said backing away from Jimin.

Jungkook found himself falling back onto the platform next to the hot tub with Jimin now hovering over him.

Jungkook was tense with the vampire now above him, so close.

"You totally missed this." Jimin said bluntly.

"N-no I didn't! Now get off of me!" Jungkook said attempting to push Jimin off of him, but of course to no avail.

Jimin pinned Jungkook back down before looking deeply into his eyes. "You forget Jungkook," he said lowering himself closer and closer to Jungkook until he was right next to his ear. "I can read your thoughts remember?"