Chapter 2~

~ "The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away."~

Niall's P.O.V

It's been at least a week since Zayn has hit me and I am utterly happy about that. I've done as told all week and now just have fading bruises. I got dressed into jeans and a t-shirt ready to leave the house and go shopping for food. I grabbed my phone and keys heading downstairs to leave only to be stopped.

"Where are you going all dressed up?"

"I'm going to the store. We need food. I'll be back in a bit. "

"No, I'm coming with you."

"Why?"

I swear I hate when he has days off. Why does he want to go anyways? He never wants to go anywhere with me.

"Because I want too. Is there a problem with that? Why are you arguing with me on this Niall? Are you hiding something?"

"No! For fuck sake! I'm not hiding anything you just never want to go anywhere with me!! "

I yell but instantly regret. He walks over to me and grabs my wrist pinning me to the door.

"Don't. You. Ever. Speak. To. Me. Like. That. Again!" He yells

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Yeah! You should be! You're getting it when we get back! Let's go."

I stand there frozen as he lets go of my wrist. I feel fear run through my body as I think about what he will do to me when we get back. I didn't notice how long I was standing there until I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Let's go Niall!! Fuck! Move stupid!"

I jumped and quickly opened the door and walked out the door towards the car. Just as I get the keys out of my pocket they're snatched from my hands.

"I'm driving!" He says and glares at me.

I nod and walk to the other side of the car. He unlocks the car and I get in and quickly buckle my seat belt. He turns the car on and changes the radio station. As much as I would love to change the radio station that would just have me end up with a busted lip that I rather not have. I stayed silent the entire car ride until we finally reached the market. Zayn went and got the basket while I waited for him. We walked to the first aisle and pick out things we need like cereal, sugar, tea, and other things. I stayed next to Zayn not leaving his side unless he told me to go get something.

"Babe go get some cans of soup."

"Okay..."

I walked away from him heading towards where the cans of soup were. I was looking at them slowly moving down the aisle not paying attention to where I was going. I bumped into something and quickly looked and my eyes went wide as I saw a boy and his cans of soup all over the floor.

"I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to I swear! I wasn't looking where I was going... I'm so sorry..." I said in panic

I quickly bent down to pick up his cans of soup I made him drop only to have a hand on my shoulder pulling me up making me look at the boy in the eyes.

"It's okay... you didn't mean too and I wasn't looking where I was going either. It's okay."

"I'm sorry..."

"Haha its okay stop apologizing! I'm Josh." He said with his hand stretched out.

"I'm Niall..." I said with a smile.

"You okay Niall?" He asked with concern.

"What do you mean? Yeah I'm okay..."

"How did you get that big bruise on your face?"