Epilogue

Epilogue

Meanwhile deep within the forests other realm at the same time…

          The snow fell from the sky which the sun shined brightly, a Fox, a Deer, a Lynx and a Rabbit looking in the pool of water while a Snowy Owl and a Peregrine Falcon remained in the trees above, another place like the other only different, a place where it would snow and yet would never feel cold, the weather was different here then it was there, for them the summer would be like that, here it would snow.

          “Well would you look at that! Dan got himself a wife, ohhhh and he has a three year old too! She looks so cute!” said the Deer moved back and forth on one side of the pool

          “Lynx shove over, I can’t see! I can’t see!”

          “Fox complaining that you can’t see won’t make Lynx move, just climb on top of her to see in the pool.” Owl landed on a nearby branch.

          Fox looked up and yipped in annoyance. “Shut up Owl, at least you and Falcon don’t have a problem! I have the colossal one to deal with here”

          “Hey at least you don’t have it bad! I’m a rabbit, I’m all you guy’s food in the food chain, and yo Falcon quit starin’ at my cotton covered ass, its imbarissin’!”

          Falcon quickly shook her head. “Hmmm? Huh? Oh sorry Rabbit… couldn’t help it you just looked… well you looked so good. Tasty good.”

          Rabbit hopped around to look at her. “Hey! Hey! Hey! You wanna eat? Go find a mouse but leave me out of your diet!”

          She sighed in disappointment. “Oh okay… fine. Huh?” she looked down as the water pool began to move, the animals backed off when the five year old came out of it, wet the one second, dry the next.

          Owl flapped his wings vigorously. “Sebastian, how’d it go? Did you see the person your mother talked about?”

          The boy nodded before kneeling down and picking up the rabbit. “Uh-huh, I did, he seemed nice enough but he saw me so I ran back here, he didn’t look surprised though when I ran.”

          “You think he knows?” Fox pawed his leg. “Of whom you are?”

          “Well no duh he knows! Daniel’s smart, sure he wasn’t able to help us when we died six years ago but that anit’ his fault! Besides, most of us came back as animal’s the other two are still getting there asses handed to them by the other spirits and wolves, saw them a little while ago, it was damn well brutal.”

          “Rabbit watch your language!” Lynx said. “He’s only a little boy still don’t teach him words like that!”

          Rabbit’s ears folded back. “Geez sorry…”

          Sebastian looked from Rabbit to the others. “Is Farther back yet?”

          Falcon came off the branch and soared in the air for a bit before she hoped in a landing. “Yes, a little while ago too, told us to keep you here for a bit since he wants to spend some time alone with your mother since she too just returned.”

          “Oooo! Do I smell another baby on the way?” Fox said while circling the boy’s feet her tail flicking left and right.

          He looked down at Fox in surprise. “You can do that?”

          Falcon laughed. “She’s only kidding dear. She can’t really do that, but I do think it would be good to leave them be for a while.”