Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“What you don’t think it was suicide?” Alison demanded of Denis who was sitting by the dining room table.

“No, I know Mark; he’s not the type to kill himself.”

“He still killed Sam.” Mary remarked.

“You think I don’t know that?!” he snapped looking back at her with narrowed eyes. “I never knew he was the type to kill someone, but killing himself? No damn way would he do something like that.”

“Denis probably right you know.” Dmitri said as he joined the rest of them. “But I do hope that his body doesn’t vanish. Form what I could tell, his ear and cheek hand been cut by a type of knife but of what type I’d need to find out, but if you think about it the bone dagger that had been taken so let’s just assume that was the weapon of choice.”

“Oh could we stop talking about Mark’s death already? We have a bigger issue then that on our hands right now.”

Daniel didn’t take too kindly to those words. “Bigger issue? What bigger issue do we have with some deranged psycho on the loose killing off members of the family? What could be damn more important than trying to get the person that did this?”

Mary crossed her legs and folded her arms across her chest as she gave Daniel a stern look. “Who’s going to be the next family Head? With Sam gone we need to find who will be the next one to inherit it, I vote…”

          “Anyone but you Mary.” Jeannine but in as she narrowed her eyes. “I was there when Samantha told you that she would never make you or your father the next Head, and besides did you forget the person has to be chosen by the Head herself for it in order to continue. And if the next Head is not found then they must look, until they find the note and her key together.”

“Key’s gone too.” Dmitri said when Mary perked up about that type of news. “It disappeared along with Samantha and the other Wolf’s Ward’s items.”

“Wolf’s Ward?” everyone repeated looking equally confused at what he had just said.

“It’s the original title for the Witch as you call her now, she was dubbed that for always being by the Black Wolf and other wolves as well, it’s also the title of the painting of her in that secret room by the main hall.”

Jacob smacked his fist into his open palm. “I remember that, Sam was telling me about that the night she… anyway, Jen, those books we found maybe they hold some type of clue in what’s happening here.”

“I’ll go look,” she got up out of her chair and followed him up to the Wakefield’s office where they had placed the books to read for later. “If we think or find something we’ll let you guys know!”

“Hey Alison do you want to start getting some food ready in case anyone wants to eat?” Tiffany offered as she headed to the kitchen.

Alison followed. “Sure but I don’t think anyone would want to eat after what just happened…”

Nick was the next to get up and out of her chair. “I’m going to investigate in the room that we had Mark in before he died, maybe something is in there like a clue to lead us into who killed him, and off the slight chance, Sam too.” She turned to Daniel who still looked sick to his stomach at the mere mention of dead bodies and investigation in where they died. “You up too it Dan? …or …maybe not.”

Daniel shook his head slowly. “Sorry, all of this is just a bit too much; I think I’m just going to go lie down for a bit.”

“Okay, Dmitri, Denis, you guys in?”