Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“So!” Mary spoke when everyone was about to start eating the lunch that she and her friend Jeanine Crawford had made all stop in their tracks. “I thought it would be a good idea if we all introduced ourselves while we eat, name, age and what we do for a living.”

“We aren’t one of your kindergarten students that you can boss around Mary.” Mark said in a dull tone.

Mary smiled and walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder and gripping it tightly as she leaned in lowering her voice to a slightly, happy yet angry tone. “Humor me.”

“Mark shut up and do it!” Alison complained as she leaned back in her chair. “We won’t be able to leave if we don’t.”

“Alright, alright, fine! Just let go of my arm!”

She did and clapped her hands. “Alright then! We’ll start with the oldest and get all the way down to the youngest. Jacob that means you.”

Jacob smirked. “Figures,” he stood up and began to speak. “Okay, for people that don’t know, mainly the friends of the family or ones who just don’t have the brain capacity to remember. I’m Jacob Wakefield, twenty seven years old; I work in a publishing industry for magazines in Alberta and right now I’m on my vacation, so that’s about it.”

Mary looked to Alison while Jacob sat down and began to eat. “Alison you’re up.”

She tsked, not bothering to get up. “Fine, Alison Wakefield, twenty five years old, I model for H&M or any other high design clothing around Canada. There done.”

“What about your friend?” Mary added in.

Alison looked to the woman beside her. “You can talk can’t you?”

“Ah, right.” She stood up. “Hi, I’m Tiffany Blonk, I’m twenty five, I work with Alison as her personal clothing, hair dresser and makeup when she’s at work and I’m also her assistant when it comes to travel. It’s nice meeting all of you.”

“Okay Mark you’re up.”

“Whatever…” he sighed not bothering to get up ether. “Mark Wakefield twenty five, I work at a music industry in Vancouver, recording music, what songs are hot and what songs are not,  that’s it.”

“I guess that means I’m up to bat.” Denis stood up. “Yo people, I’m Denis White twenty three years old, I’ve known Mark since I left college and joined the music industry, I also do radio work in Vancouver from time to time when one of the big guys gets sick or goes on vacation. And I gotta say this place is sweet, old stuff and the forest as a backyard rocks!”

“Alright Daniel, you’re next.”

“Oh fun,” he joked before standing up. “Hey guys, I’m Daniel Wakefield, twenty four years old, I work in Toronto in our families business with paper work and doing the oh so loved and hated errand boy run from one building to the next. I like it somewhat; I actually got a raise a week ago and now on vacation with my friend Nick and sister.”

“Okay me next!” Nick jumped up out of her seat. “Sup peoples? I’m Nichol Freedmond, call me Nick, twenty four years old, I’ve been doing a lot of sports these past few months for the summer but in the fall and spring I was coaching a grade school class sports in a school in Toronto I’ll probably be going back again when September hits as a full on teacher for them since the other one became injured with a busted knee, he’ll still be teaching math but no longer gym. And I think that’s it!”

“Alright Samantha your next.”

Sam didn’t look too happy about it but she did it anyway. “Okay.” She stood up and began to speak. “I’m Samantha Wakefield, twenty two years old, I’m in college right now in Toronto doing an elective for art and business and…”