Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“Why the hell did he jump?” Jacob said pacing back and forth, as the others sat in in the office, Jeannine looking at her notes and muttering to herself, Jacob ran a hand through his hair and let out an agitated breath. “This just doesn’t make any sense!”

“Well how long have you known him?” Nick asked folding her arms across her chest. “You brought him here you should know his personality a bit better.”

Jacob stopped in his tracks and looked at her in total confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Isn’t he the guy you brought with?” she asked with a frown. “He’s the only other person who was here when we came while everyone else had brought a friend with them.”

Jacob shook his head slowly. “Nick I never brought a friend.”

Now it was Daniel’s turn to frown. “What do you mean?

“What I mean is that I didn’t bring the man, he was already here when I arrived, and since I was the first I asked who he was and his response was “I’m a friend of a family member here.” When I asked who he didn’t elaborate.”

“Didn’t you find that just a bit off?” Nick asked with an arched brow. “And stop with the pacing you’re making me dizzy watching you go back and forth!”

He stopped. “Sorry.” Then he crouched down, his head in his hands and sighing before looking at the two. “I was actually about to call him on that, to know who is was, but that’s when Mary and Jeannine showed up, then Mark and Denis not long afterword’s so I wasn’t able too.”

Daniel became a little surprised in hearing these words. “You couldn’t get him alone?”

Jacob shook his head again. “No, tried and failed a number of times, and when he began to stay close to Sam I could only assume that she was the friend he was talking about.”

“Hell no!” Nick shot up from her seat. “He was not! If he was then he would haven’t startled her when they first met outside of the manor! That should have been the biggest clue of all!”

“Nick did Dmitri really love Sam?” Jeannine asked not looking up from her work, eyes darting across the page. “He said something about it before he…” she swallowed. “Before he jumped…”

“Yeah…” she replied softly. “He did… when I asked him about it he just looked at me, I would have seen if he was lying but those eyes of his… they were telling the truth.”

“So why did he jump?”

Daniel frowned at this. If Jacob didn’t bring Dmitri then… who did?

Everyone began to go into the conversation, all but Jeannine who was too deeply involved in the notes, she recalled what Dmitri had said to her specifically.

“That if you wish to decipher the letters you merely need to have an understanding of wolves and science as well…”

Science and wolves…

Mixing those two words together must have had some sort of specific reason for doing it, and the letters PALSINCUS. What could they spell out?

An idea sparked inside her mind making her eyes go wide. Hunched down on the desk she began to try and bring out different words but still trying to keep the main idea of what it was inside her head.

Then, finally after so many tries while the others went on in there conversation she figured it out.

“I did it!” she squeaked throwing her arms into the air.