3: напряженность

Chapter 3 : напряженность
                               (tension) 

Luca's POV

Three days have already gone by, I sat in my room completely bored out of my mind. Lana had been painting for basically the entire time we had been in Florida, while I had just watched TV and gone for jogs. I stare out my window into the backyard, it was already dark and the pool lights were on. Making the water glisten. There were a few metres of grass beyond the swimming pool, along with the tall white picket fence around the outside. I notice the small portable hot tub in the grassy area of the backyard. Why not sit in the hot tub for a bit? I could also do some laps in the pool, hopefully that will ease my boredom.

I grab some black swimming trunks and get changed, I walk downstairs through the sliding doors and into the backyard. Going over to the hot tub, I turn on the bubbles and the heater and slide in. It felt like hot needles were being punctured into my skin, it was a strangely refreshing feeling. I hear the sliding doors open and shut, I turn my head towards Lana who is wearing a dark red bikini. She walks over to me and sits in the hot tub, our eyes never leaving each other. I don't know what was different about her, yes she was gorgeous. But I had been with tons of beautiful girls and yet somehow it felt different to the other women I had been with. 

"Do you speak Italian?" She suddenly asks me, I frown at her odd question. 

"Sì, naturalmente." I answer, she smiles. 

"Italian is such a beautiful language, I wish Russian sounded nicer." 

I scoff at her comment, "Русский красивый" (Russian is beautiful) I say to her. Lana stares at me wide eyed. 

"You speak Russian!" 

"Yes, I speak six languages." I reply, smirking. 

"Why didn't you tell me!!!" She practically yells, I laugh. "What other languages do you speak?" She asks. 

"I speak Italian, English, Russian, French, Dutch, and Portuguese." 

"Seriously? I can only speak English and Russian." She says, she looks deep in thought but then whips her head around to meet my eyes. "You must be popular with the ladies." She says a mischievous glint in her eye. 

I raise my eyebrows, "well... you can speak from experience , your all over me." 

Lana slowly moves towards me, she places both her hands on either side of me leaning towards me. Thus giving me a clear view of her cleavage. I stay still and keep my eyes glued to hers. She lifts a hand out of the water and traces one of the tattoos on my shoulder.

"You sure?" She then questions me before sitting down again, a huge smirk on her face. I make a face. 

"We shouldn't be doing this," I mumble. I was a professional I shouldnt be messing around.

"See you later" I answer, I stand up to get out of the pool. Lana bites down on her lip and makes a suggestive look before I get out of the hot tub and go back up to my bedroom. This could not be happening.

---

I was roaming the villa the next morning and find a small private gym hidden near the back of the house. How had I not seen that before? There were two treadmills, some weights, and a couple of punching bags. I run upstairs to get changed out of my jeans and t-shirt and into some more appropriate gym wear. 

I walk back downstairs and into the gym, I find some tape near the punching bags to wrap around my knuckles. I go over to the punching bags and start beating the life out of them, I let out everything that I had been feeling over the past few days. 

"Someone's upset." 

I turn around to see Lana in sports leggings and a crop top. Why was she always pestering me? 

"What are you doing here?" 

"My morning jog." She says pointing to the treadmills. 

"Right." I mutter, running a hand through my hair.

"Although, I would love to challenge you to a friendly boxing match." 

"You sure you wanna do that?" 

"Woah, didn't expect sexism from you... skinny boy." 

"Alright you're on, and stop calling me that." 

"Okay... what about spring roll?" 

"No," I say angrily.

"I can speak six languages dick head?" 

I roll my eyes at her, we both grab a pair of boxing gloves and remove the punching bags from the hooks so we had space. We both circle each other, Lana comes in and attacks throwing a mean right hook at my face. I dodge just in time and kick her in the stomach, she groans and stumbles back but she quickly regains composure. She moves towards me and fakes a left punch before she sends an uppercut to my face, I clutch my face and Lana hits the back of my knee making me fall to the ground. She grabs my arm and puts me in an uncomfortable position with me lying on my stomach while she kneels on my back. 

"I thought you were an assassin skinny boy." She whispers into my ear. 

I lurch myself backwards, making Lana lose her balance. I turn grab her wrists and hold them above her head, I then straddle her waist stopping her movements.

"And I thought you were the Mafia leader's daughter." I whisper back. She doesn't reply, instead she gives me that same stare she had given me on that first morning at the pool. Her grey eyes are hard and calculating, her light blonde hair scattered around her face in perfect waves, my eyes eventually travel down to her lips and she does the same to mine. I needed to snap out of it! I clear my throat and scramble to my feet. Lana hoists herself up off the floor, she opens her mouth to say something but I am already turning towards the door. 

--  

Thanks for reading! Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter and share this story with friends!