My Eve #5.1

AlterMahiru's POV

I've been here for days spending my time with Kuro and having fun with him is actually... kinda leaves a warm feeling in my chest. I lay on the couch and looked to the side watching as Kuro pressed away the buttons on his console as he fight the small alien formed boss. He was focused but he easily noticed my stare without looking back.

" What..? It's troublesome to be stared at... can't deal... "

" You're pretty good in games aren't you ,  Kuro? " Kuro hummed in response to my question before making a chain combo.
He's trying to show off. I mentally chuckled.

" As my Eve says, I'm a NEET so I do nothing but game and lazy around all day... I'm a sloth after all..." He explained making me pout at the mention of 'my eve' as if he was already Mahiru's. He must have noticed the change in my mood so he hurriedly finished his game to turn to me. How caring? " what a pain... Why are you sulking..? "

" I am Not sulking. " I looked away from him. I wanted him to pay more attention to me but it seems this other me was all inside that head of his. I looked away and stood up.
" I'm tired. I'm going to take a short rest. Call me once you get hungry so I could make lunch." I stated before walking over to the bedroom and locking the door behind me.

" Stupid Kuro."  I looked around the room and a smirked so happened to play on my lips. I wanted to know More of this other me. I started searching from the nightstand. There was nothing but a small useless bronze key. I clicked my tongue in disappointment at my first scavenging. I decided to search the closet next. Opening it, I was greeted with a well organized and neatly folded clothes while the others where hang with a considerable space between each hanged clothing.

" Hm. Housewife. " I commented before searching.

I definitely messed everything up though the clothes remained folded it wasn't as neat as it was before and the hanged clothes was all in one side of the cabinet. I sighed finding nothing yet again. I clicked my tongue once more in frustration then I decided to take a quick pause at the scavenging.

If I was the me in this world where would I hide something important to me? Somewhere simple? Simple..........

Medicinal cabinet!

Or even Under the bed!

Either of the two?

" Let's start the Medicinal cabinet. If he has any. " I whispered to myself before I began to walk over to the bathroom. I slid my hand on the side of the mirror. I felt something and I knew it was a handle that is hidden inwards. I smirked opening it, revealing a first aid kit and a few medicine. antipsychotic, acetaminophen & a tiny notebook which I can assume as his Diary.

I realized something. The key is for this lock! I took the diary and closed the cabinet before going over the drawer and take the key. I unlocked it without a hint of hesitation.

This is for hogging Kuro. I began to flip the pages of the book until I saw an entry that caught my eye.

[Entry 16
  - I don't want this. Mom is dead. Dad is gone. I'm all alone. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to call for someone. I want to relay on Someone. I don't want to be alive. I want to feel happy. I feel broken. Empty. A corpse. If Uncle haven't stepped in then, I wouldn't be alive right now. I must stay positive for Uncle... ]

[Entry 20
  - My doctor gave me medicine for my nightmares though It helps not always because it only subdues it. I started to ask Johannes for some potion to try make me stop having nightmares. He said He Can't help anymore than that if it still didn't do much. He smiled at me and patted my head. I wish Kuro would do that to me but that was only a random thought my mind caught on. ]

I smiled feeling pride. Kuro had started patting my head since the day he found me crying in the kitchen. I was able to have something This Mahiru didn't get to experience.

[Entry 31
  - Shadows. Blood. Bloodshot red. White and black. Flashing colors and vivid dreams. I was jerked awake by my dreams. I don't want to describe it. Kuro in his cat form looked over to me confused. I didn't want to explain it to him so I simply lied saying I was fine. He took the bait and slept. I couldn't sleep a wink and I even vomited the food I ate. I was lucky enough Kuro was playing with a high volume at his boss battle that he didn't hear me barfing at the bathroom. I can still take it. I must keep myself together and stay positive... ]

[Entry 44
  - I feel depressed. I have these nightmares that makes me want to kill myself. I don't know what to do. I only know how to fool myself into saying stuff that fools others as well. I'm not positive at all and I'm not that happy but I still smile & laugh like an idiot... Luckily Kuro doesn't know of it. This side of me. I'm supposed to be optimistic and simple but my mind is like in a void filled with negative activities. I keep saying that Everything's fine? Am I too annoying? I get this feeling that sometimes I just annoy Kuro and he hates that. Perhaps Im thinking too much but I don't want to be alone when I'm like this cause... I start to see things I don't want to see... ]

I flipped the pages and read it. I widened my eyes realizing something I didn't understand that could happen in this timeline as well. He was the same as me. He—

" Mahi? " I flinched closing the book in a hurry. I locked it and placed it back to where I found it quickly before heading to unlock the door. I saw Kuro without his jacket. He held it on his hand while he wore a plain white shirt. He looked manly like that tho but he looked cute in his jacket. " I spilled some of the ramen and my jacket... "

I took his jacket and smiled. " Okay I'll wash it for you!" He nod and said thanks before going back to his ramen on the table in the dining room. I want to stay here longer.

Stay with Kuro longer...

The phone I got from the creator rang. I picked it up with frown.
" Hello Mahiru kun. Did you miss me?"

I growled. " What do you want? "

"Oh. Did I forget to say it? Well... I have Mahiru Kun~~~♡️ I'm sure the Sloth over there would be delighted to hear what I'm doing to his eve. "

" Don't you dare. "

" I won't but Mahiru will. " I clicked my tongue at him. 

" I'll stop you. "

" I'm sure you can't~ After all... You aren't real. " I cut the line the very instant I heard him say that. I felt furious. I shoved it on my pocket and did the laundry earning a confused face from Kuro.