My Eve #27

{Gray paper « death}

Person's POV

Misono silently walked over to the small box in the middle of the dim light room. Lily could only follow him with a smile since this was his first time being inside Someone's mind and he might cause some casualties if he acted recklessly.

" Lily what is this box? "

" Hmm... Why not look inside? "

Misono gasped.  " Are you an idiot? What if there's a bomb inside?! " Lily couldn't help chuckle since he didn't think that something like that would happen so he kneeled down near the box and opened it himself.

" Get out of here. "

" What the f—??? "

" Its Mahiru san! " Lily clapped both his hands in glee but the joy was short lived as they saw how cold this said Person's eyes were. They almost seemed lifeless to be exact.

The child got out of the box with a grumpy frown. He glared at the two much to Misono's irritation. This was not how the Mahiru he knows would act. " leave me alone. "

An irk mark appeared on top of Misono's head. This mini Mahiru version was as far the most annoying one he could take next to Shiro that is. " HOW DARE SUCH A COMMONER LIKE YOU RUDELY SAY SUCH THING TO ME!!"

" now now Misono kun~..." Lily weakly smiled half heartedly trying to calm the purple head male down.

" I don't want friends... " The child started running away.

" O—Hey wait! " the two soon chased after the child only to see a funeral. The scene was black and white just like in old films. Mahiru held a white flower in his hand while standing in front of the tombstone of someone.

" No wonder she died. He made the professor Angry again. "

" Should have known that she was helping that child."

" Now what?"

" The project is cancelled. The servamps have been released by the organization. It's better to start living a normal life. "

" And him? That thing? "

" I don't want to take care of him."

"He's a monster."

" I'm a busy person. "

"Excuses. That's all adults do. " Mahiru placed the flower on the ground and stomped on it. He glared at the people behind him making them flinch and silently as well as awkwardly walk off in a hurry.
" Why do people die..? "

Misono knitted his brows as the gray clouds started to fill the sky making droplets of water fall from above soon turning it into a huge downpour. Yet Mahiru didn't move from his spot.

" Shirota— " Before he could call out a woman passed through him like he was an illusion. A Ghost. The woman had an umbrella so she held it high to shelter the child from the rain even though he was already soaked.

" Would you let me adopt you? " She smiled kindly at him before stretching a hand out to the child. Mahiru hesitantly took her hand and was led to the same house the others were at the start of entering Mahiru's mind. Apparently it was the house of that lady. From the reports Lily's subclasses had gathered, This person was his mother. Guess the files were wrong.

Mahiru was adopted.

As times passed by she started to lighten Mahiru's personality though she also did got older and older while Mahiru slowly started to progress into a normal rate of growth since he hasn't drank blood for a long time.