Chapter 21

Samantha's POV

I just sat there for about ten seconds before I finally came to my senses and got out of the car. 'Lou!' I yelled, but I knew it was no good. He had already turned the corner and probably couldn't have heard me even if it wasn't raining. I really wanted to run after him, kiss him in the rain and all that, but the driver needed to be paid and I had to move in our luggage as well.
Sighing I dumped our suitcases in the lobby and ran out to find Louis. He couldn't have gotten that far, could he? I mean, he wouldn't have gone far. He didn't really seem to be in any condition to run.
I ran over to the corner he had turned while I thought about all the things that had happened. I couldn't help but think that it might have been a joke. Louis couldn't love me. It seemed so unrealistic.
I turned another corner, my clothes were soaked and my hair was dripping wet, but none of that mattered right now. I had to find Louis. Just the thought of not finding him made my chest ache. It started to darken, but I wasn't giving up yet. My legs hurt, I was cold and out of breath, but I was determined to find him.
'Goddamnit!' I heard someone yell, not too far from the place I stood. Louis.
I turned around and my heart fluttered as I saw him sitting there, his back against the stone wall and his knees pulled up to his chest. He had his face buried in his hands, obviously beyond caring how people would look at him if they saw him here, sitting on the pavement in the pouring rain.
'Louis!' I spoke. It wasn't loud, but he heard me somehow. His eyes widened as he stood up as quick as he could, he was about to walk away when I ran over to him.
'Louis, don't go.' I managed to say, panting as I finally came to a stop. 'Would you just explain what's going on? You love me?' Louis turned around to face me, we were still a few yards apart, but I could see he had been crying.
'I do.' He murmured, 'I love you. I'm sorry, I tried to stop it, I really did. I, just I.. I'm sorry..'
'Louis..' I tried to interrupt him, but he held up his hand, signalising for me to keep quiet.
'Just let me get this out. I love you, everything about you. I love your laugh, I love your voice, I love the way you can cheer me up when no one else can, I love how you cry when we watch a sad movie and how you hide your face in my chest when we watch something scary, I love how you can go from being crazy to being serious in one second, I love the little sparkle in your beautiful brown eyes, I love how sweet and caring you are, I love the smell of your hair, I love how you blush when someone gives you a compliment, I love how you don't mind my crazyness, I love how it can take a few seconds before you understand a joke, I love your hugs, I love the way you kiss my cheek when I'm sad, I love how you walk with a skip in your step, I love how you're not afraid to have your own opinion and how you stand by your morals, I love how you purse your lips when you find something funny, but don't want to show it, I love how the touch of your skin gives me butterflies,' his voice lowered to barely a whisper as he took a few steps closer, 'I love how your eyes seem to look right through me, I love waking up to see your pretty face the first thing in the morning, I love how I can look at you for hours without getting bored, I love the way everything feels so much better when your are around, I love you. I love you and I'm sorry, I'm sorry for putting my own feelings above our friendship, but I didn't mean to. You mean the world to me Samantha and I don't want to spend a day without you. I love everything about you, even the things you hate about yourself. If you want to then I can ignore these feelings, we can pretend none of this ever happened, we can go back to the way we used to be. Because I can't lose you, Sammy.' As his voice fell silent I took both of his hands and intertwined our fingers. It was a simple gesture, something we always did when comforting eachother, but this time I could clearly feel the sparks of electric souring through my body.
'You love me.' I whispered to myself. Saying it out loud made it sound more real. Louis nodded and looked at the ground, avoiding my eyes.
'Louis, no, you can't love me.' I said, a little louder with an edge of panic to my voice. 'What about our friendship? What if you break my heart? Who would I come running to? What if I need someone to cheer me up? Or, what if you realize I'm not good enough for you? Would you leave me? Would we forget we used to be friends and become strangers?' Louis looked at me in disbelief, but I only kept on talking, tears streaming down my face as I imagined what I would do without him. 'What if I lose you? I can't live without you anymore, Louis, these last day proved that. I need you and I love you, but we can't do this.'
My tears started falling freely as I looked down at our soaked shoes. Louis brushed his fingers under my chin and tilted my head up. I couldn't read his expression, but it wasn't sad anymore.
'Why not?' He whispered as his pale blue eyes bore into my brown ones.
'Because I'm scared.'
'Of what?'
'Losing you, I can't live without you Louis.' I said as I tried to move away.
'Then don't.' He said firmly, moving even closer. 'Sammy, we can do this. We can make it. I love you, I love you so much it hurts. It hurts when I'm with you and it hurts even more when I'm not. Give us a chance.'
I looked at him, about to argue, but as his eyes met mine the only thing that came out of my mouth was a whispered 'I love you'.
Louis moved even closer and pressed his lips against mine. I shivered at the sudden contact and began kissing him back, our lips moving in sync as his arms snaked around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was perfect, the touch of his soft lips on mine, his gentle hands on my waist, the smell of his wet hair and the odd feeling of exploding fireworks in the pit of my stomach. He smiled into the kiss as I brushed my fingers through his hair.
Eventually he pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine. He looked at me tenderly, all signs of sadness had left his face.
'I love you too.' He whispered, 'I always have, I always will.'
I smiled softly at him as he lifted his hand to caress my face.
'How about we go inside, hm?' He asked after we had been standing in silence for a few minutes, just to take it all in. 'I love you,' he said yet again, causing a smile to form on my face, 'it feels so good, finally being able to say it.'
I let out a chuckle and pecked him on his lips. 'I love you too, you goof, now let's go inside. I'm freezing.'