Chapter 18

Zayn's POV

'Niall?' I yelled as I opened the door to Louis' apartment. 'Nialler?'
'I'm right here bud.' Niall replied, his voice sounded a little muffled and came from the kitchen. Suspicious at what I might see I turned the corner. The sight I was met with caused me to let out a soft chuckle. Niall was standing on a chair with his head buried in the cupboard, the cupboard where Louis keeps his snacks and cookies to be specific.
'Where's Lou?' I asked. 'Last I saw him he was here, sulking and stuff.'
Niall turned his attention from his food to me, grinning toothily, allowing me to see the remainders of the food he had been stuffing in his mouth just a few minutes earlier. It didn't really bother me, you get used to these kind of things when you live in a house with five teenagers.
'He's talking to Sammo.' He grinned, using the ridiculous nickname he invented for her. Needless to say she hated it, but Niall was allowed to use it. She couldn't really say no to his puppy eyes and she sure as hell couldn't get mad at him.
'How did you get him to do that?' I exclaimed, almost shocked. We had tried to persuade him to do just that for days, yet the only response we got was a shrug or a simple 'no'.
'Magic.' Niall mumbled before turning back to his food. I shook my head at him in disbelieve and walked out. He still had me amazed at his appetite.
As I crossed the hall to Niall's apartment I considered what I could find there. Either Louis and Samantha were fighting, which I thought pretty unlikely, or they were kissing, which would be even weirder, or they were doing something pretty stupid and immature.
I wasn't quite sure which option I would prefer.
Turns out I didn't have to worry though. The apartment was empty, which meant they had chosen option 3 and were doing something stupid.
Sighing I walked over to the dining table, expecting to find a small note containing their whereabouts. Sam never left without telling someone or leaving a note. I wasn't disappointed. A pink post-it with a handwriting I recognized to be Sam's was laid on the edge of the table. A smile appeared on my face as I read it.

Hey guys,
Louis and I are going skiing. Lou booked plane tickets to somewhere up north. Don't know exactly where we're going, but don't worry, we'll be fine & back by Monday.

ps. There's pasta in the fridge.
-Sam

Those two were unbelievable.

Samantha's POV

'You know what, Louis?' I said, turning to him as I sat down in the seat nearest the aisle and he sat in the seat in the middle, next to a very old man, 'I don't think we really thought this trough.'
Louis looked at me and chuckled, 'I don't think we ever think things trough.' He stated.
That was more or less the truth. We could be quite irresponsible at times, but mostly at least one of us tried to stay a little mature. Needless to say that's mostly me.
'Well, yeah, but we could have gone to snowworld or some other indoor ski hall. It would have spared us the trouble of flying.'
Louis only shrugged, 'wouldn't be as much fun. Plus, you'll have to get over your fear of flying somehow.'
I frowned and looked at him. He had a smug smile on his face and shook his head slightly at my surprised expression. I hadn't told anyone about my fear of flying. It scared the crap out of me, being up in the sky with no protection but the huge, heavy plane I was in, I thought I had been hiding it pretty well. Apparently not well enough.
'How do you even know that?' I asked. Louis grinned and turned so his entire body was facing me. 'I know a lot about you.' He said smugly. I raised an eyebrow, indicating for him to continue. 'You're afraid of clowns and flying, you don't like any movies that are scarier than Harry Potter, you eat your pancakes with syrup and jam, you stammer when you're surprised or nervous, you get insecure when people look at you without saying anything for more than 5 seconds, you cry at pretty much every movie, but try to hide it, you close your eyes every time you hear one of your favourite songs, you never eat the pickles on your hamburger, you wear your socks inside out, you always give Niall a little more food than you give the rest of us, but think we don't notice, you miss your parents, you hate math, you can't whistle, you love everything that's got chocolate in it except chocolate ice-cream, you love Greek mythology, you would never date a smoker, you write with your right hand, but throw with your left, your bloodtype is O-positive, your favourite number is 7, you feel uncomfortable eating if someone is watching, you are very sensitive, take almost everything personally, you're extremely clumsy when it comes to electronics and you are addicted to spotify. Enough?'
I nodded, but kept looking at him. 'You are very observant.' I said after a short pause, 'I'm not that scared of flying though.'
Louis raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. We both knew I was a lot more scared than I let on, but he knew I wasn't going to admit it.
The airhostess was motioning for us to put on our seatbelts, so I did, not really paying attention to anything but my confused thoughts. Louis certainly knew me a lot better than I thought, noticing things about me I didn't even know myself.
Smiling to myself I took of my jacket and stuffed it behind by head, using it as a pillow.
'Where are we going again?' I asked Louis as pulled up his armrest and cuddled closer to him to get more comfortable.
'Norway.' He replied, I couldn't see him, but I knew he was smiling and could imagine the very look in his eyes right now. Tenderness, amusement and love. It was the kind of look that made me feel safe and always managed to bring a smile to my face.
I grabbed his hand as the plane started to move. Now that Louis knew flying scared me I didnt bother to hide it. I closed my eyes as the plane took off, breathing a little heavier than normal as I tried to relax.
Louis squeezed my hand and kissed the top of my head.
'You want another random fact about me?' I asked Louis when I had managed to calm down a little.
'Shoot.' He grinned, glad I wasn't freaking out anymore and moving his fingers as he tried to get his blood running again. I had a pretty firm grip, but he hadn't complained.
Flying wasn't so bad when Louis was here to keep me company.
'I've got a pretty awesome best friend.'