Chapter 20

Samantha's POV

That morning I woke up to the smell of something burning. Big clouds of dark smoke were coming from the kitchen accompanied with some very specific swear words I recognized to be Louis'. Let's face it, who else would say words like 'grandmothers mammarys' or 'son of a pigeon'? You need quite some imagination to come up with these kind of things and you must be pretty weird to actually use them.
'Louis?' I asked tiredly as I made my way to the kitchen, 'are you trying to burn down the house, because if you are, you're doing a pretty good job.'
I heard him scoff and saw his figure make his way to me through the smoke.
'I made you breakfast.' He said as he put a dish with something black on it on the table. 'pancakes.' He explained upon seeing my puzzled look.
I smiled and shook my head, 'Sit down.' I told him as I pulled out a chair. 'I'll handle it.'
Louis flashed me a grateful smile and did as I said. I kissed his cheek and took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to see.
I opened my eyes and was about to scream something along the lines of 'holy shit!' or 'fucking hell!' when I breathed in some smoke and started couching instead.
The kitchen was an absolute mess, pancake banter on the floors and walls, a carton of milk had fallen over and eggshells were spread over the entire surface of the kitchen table.
Louis had never really been the best cook, but it had never really gotten this extreme. Shaking my head in disbelieve I walked over to the stove and made sure everything was turned off. I then proceeded to open all the windows, trying to get the smoke to disappear.
'Do you need some help?' Louis asked as he appeared in the door opening.
I shook my head as I started to collect the junk and dumped all of it in the dustbin. 'No, it's fine.' I told him, 'You can start packing your stuff, that way we can leave right after we're done skiing.'
'You sure?' He asked, looking at the terrible mess he made.
I nodded, 'yeah, maybe best to keep you out of the kitchen.'
Louis chuckled an agreement and walked away. I let out a sigh and started cleaning. Louis was a handful, but there was never a dull moment when he was around. I didn't really mind cleaning up after him either, he let me stay at his place for free, even agreeing to be my legal guardian since I'm not eighteen yet. Plus, we both knew that if he attempted to clean he would only end up making a much bigger mess. He had managed to clean a few times, but it was rare. I chuckled to myself as I recalled the last time he had 'cleaned', my mum was coming to visit and Lou wanted to make a good first impression. Well, he made a lasting impression. He made a bit of a fool out of himself and scared the crap out of my mum, but the gesture itself was sweet. He was just a bit of a free spirit. A clumsy free spirit, that is.
It was safe to say my parents didn't really approve of me living with him. They hadn't gotten used to seeing my face in gossip magazines and didn't seem to understand that more than half of the things that were written about me were just rumours. I'd be pretty pissed too if I thought my daughter was hooking up with just about every member in a famous boyband.
Both my mum and my dad had made it pretty clear that they didn't approve. They weren't going to stop me, but weren't helping either. If I was to have money problems (which seemed pretty unlikely, I was living with Britains hottest boyband after all,) I shouldn't come see them. It wasn't unexpected, but it still hurt. I would have liked it if my family was a little more supportive, or maybe just cared a little more.
You can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends and becoming part of the One Direction family was without a doubt the best thing that had ever happened to me.

'I'm all packed up!' Louis yelled from the bedroom, waking me up from my daydreams. I had gotten quite far in the kitchen. It was almost as clean as it had been when we first arrived, there were still a few stains and smudges, but I figured it was good enough for now. We could always leave some extra money for the cleaners.
'Good, what do you want for breakfast?' I yelled in reply.
'No pancakes,'
I stifled a giggle, 'fine, no pancakes. I'll make us some sandwiches.'
I took out the ingredients I was going to need and started cutting them. I was no professional in the kitchen to say the least, but I could make some killer sandwiches.