Stuck (Louis Tomlinson Love Story)

28. December 2012

Samantha's POV

I stared down the dark alley, rain pouring down all around me. My umbrella didn't really help, the rain seemed to come from every side at once.

I looked down at my I-phone and pushed the button. The screen lit up, I was surprised it still worked. Me and phones, well, not just phones, electronics in general, just didn't work. I could crash a computer just by being in the same room, so to speak. That was probably why my parents didn't bother to buy me a new phone. This one used to be my dad's. It had been used a lot and it showed. The touch screen was scratched, the button on top had fallen off and the apple logo on the back was barely visible. But still, it was my phone and it had survived more than 4 months with me, which was a record. I had grown quite fond of it.

I looked at the time and realized it would take at least 10 more minutes for the cab to arrive. I sighted, I could have stayed inside for a bit longer. Trying to get time to pass faster I plugged in my earplugs and looked through my playlist. Scrolling down I didn't see any songs I recognized. I pressed shuffle and texted my cousin, thanking her for uploading the new music on my phone. Brilliant as I was I couldn't do it myself.

The song that played was catchy, I hummed along quietly to myself. When the song ended I checked the time again, two minutes had passed. Only seven to go. As the next song started to play I saw something moving on the other side of the street. It was a person, walking slowly whilst talking on the phone. I couldn't see him properly because of the dark but I knew it wasn't a woman. Coming from a big town I immediately turned off my music and pulled my handbag closer. What can I say? Old habits die hard. The stranger kept walking until he came to a lamppost, he then stopped and leaned against it. The rain didn't seem to bother him. Now that he stood in the light of the lamp I could see him a little better. He was tall, didn't look much older than eighteen, maybe nineteen, he had a handsome face and brown hair that was swept to one side in a 'Justin-Beiber-ish' way. I looked away before he'd notice I was staring. He was handsome but his face seemed familiar somehow. I wondered where I'd seen him before. I was about to sneak another peak when I heard a car coming. My cab. It was about time. I walked around and put my suitcase in the trunk. I walked back and opened the door to the backseat. As I sat down the door of the backseat on the driver's side of the car opened and someone else climbed in. It was the guy from the other side of the street.

'To Dublin, and fast, I'm in a bit of a hurry,' he said, not realizing that there was someone sitting next to him. The driver turned around and looked from me to the passenger next to me.

'Sorry lad,' the driver told him, 'but this cab is already taken.'

The guy turned his head and noticed me, his face fell.

'Oh, I'm so sorry,' he said with an awkward smile, 'I didn't see you there.'

'That's okay,' I told him, 'I am going to Dublin as well, so if our driver doesn't mind I would be more than happy to share this ride.' I flashed a quick embarrassed smile towards both him and the driver. The driver nodded and turned started the engine. 'Ok, then,' he said, 'get comfortable, this is going to be a long ride.'

'I'm Samantha Blackburn.' I told the guy.

'Louis Tomlinson.' He grinned and shook my hand. 'Pleasure meeting you.'