The Hog's Head: Year 5

The four of them, Amisty, Harry, Hermione, and Ron, were sitting in the library one evening when Hermione finally mentioned Harry teaching them again.

"I was wondering whether you'd thought any more about Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry," Hermione piped up quietly as they sifted through potion book after potion book.

Harry scowled, "'Course I have. Can't forget it, can we, with that hag teaching us -- "

"I mean the idea the three of us had -- " She broke off as Ron gave a less than pleased look and rolled her eyes. " -- oh, alright, the idea Amisty and I had, then -- about you teaching us."

Harry went quiet, studying the book in his hands too intently to be realistic knowing his attention span.

"Well," He replied softly, setting the book down almost grudgingly, "yeah, I -- I've thought about it a bit."

"And?" Hermione asked brightly.

"I dunno," Harry mumbled, glancing over at Ron.

"I thought it was a good idea from the start!" Ron was now beaming, the absolute liar.

"You did listen to what I said about a load of it being luck, didn't you?" He added.

"Yes, Harry, but all the same, there's no point pretending that you're not good at Defense Against the Dark Arts, because you are," Hermione replied. "You were the only person last year who could throw off the Imperius Curse completely, you can produce a Patronus, you can do all sorts of stuff that full-grown wizards can't, Viktor always said -- "

Ron's head swung around to face her so quickly Amisty was surprised it didn't snap, "Yeah? What did Vicky say?"

Hermione didn't look pleased, "Ho, ho. He said Harry knew how to do stuff even he didn't, and he was in the final year at Durmstrang."

"You're not still in contact with him, are you?" Ron demanded, blue eyes narrowed as he regarded her.

Amisty resisted the urge to snort.

"So what if I am? I can have a pen pal if I -- " Hermione began, her cheeks dusted with pink.

"He doesn't only want to be your pen pal," Ron cut her off sharply.

Hermione rolled her eyes, turning back to Harry and shaking her head, "Well, what do you think? Will you teach us?"

"Just you three, yeah?" Harry asked.

"Well," Hermione bit her lip. "Well... now, don't fly off the handle again, Harry, please... But I really think you ought to teach anyone who wants to learn. I mean, we're talking about defending ourselves against V-Voldemort -- oh, don't be pathetic, Ron -- it doesn't seem fair if we don't offer the chance to other people."

Harry paused, "Yeah, but I doubt anyone except you three would want to be taught by me. I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Well, I think you might be surprised how many people would be interested in what you've got to say," Hermione replied seriously. "Look, you know the first weekend in October's a Hogsmeade weekend? How would it be if we tell anyone who's interested to meet us in the village and we can talk it over."

"Why do we have to do it outside school?" Ron asked.

"Because I don't think Umbridge would be very happy if she found out what we were up to."

-=+=-

"Eli!" Amisty raced down the hallway, almost bowling over Terry Boot in the process -- "Sorry, Terry!" -- before she managed to catch up to him. "I've got news for you!"