Chapter Twenty- FINALE

CHAPTER TWENTY -FINALE

*

''You sure you don't want to spend the weekend with us?'' Lucy asks over the phone

''No, three is a crowd, have you not realized that even now?'' Anna asks, she picks her bag and locks her door. She enters her car and puts it on reverse. Darren's car was still parked in her garage.

It's been over a year they spoke, partly because she had stopped picking his calls, listening to him tell her he loves her, knowing that he may never come back to her..

It hurt too much. Realizing that she had indeed falling madly inlove with him, and she may not be able to tell him, knowing that he had a sense of duty, being the kind of man he was to do the right thing, and that meant being with a woman who almost lost her life when she was told he was leaving her to his love of his life.

Knowing that she couldn't blame him nor her, knowing that Darren was too good a man, and knowing that she could not be selfish and demand him come to her just because she realized that she loved him too.

This was life, and everything didn't have to work out the way we wanted. If it did, maybe she would have given him a chance to love him since day one he asked her out, maybe she should have not allowed Daniel to cloud her thoughts, maybe..maybe she should have made an effort to look for him when he left instead of giving up..just maybe.

Now one year later, a ache in her chest, her heart and her bed empty and the man she loved was cities away mending a woman that may end up being his wife.

Yes, love sucks, it was better not felt.

Irony of it all, every St. Valentine's day, everyone just wants to love and she rather be in a gloomy place away from it. Maybe love wasn't meant for her, maybe she was never meant to be happy or have her happy ending.

She had accepted her faith, accepted that she lost Darren and that at 30th, she was going to be single, free and lonely.

Sighing she takes a turn.

''Are you okay Anna?''

''Lucy, i am fine''

''Come please''

''No darlyn, you and Adam needs some alone time and Tonia and Tom wouldn't stop smothering me,. Its a year i am fine, i am awesome and all is well okay? I can take care of myself and just because today is St. valentine doesn't mean i should lock myself up in my room.  And right now, i just want to be in  a place that is quiet and peaceful and absent of love jamborees. So, It's fine. I love you, take care of that baby bump okay, kisses. Bye'' She cuts the call and drives into town.

She pulls to a stop and alights , entering a building named Mac &Tee.

*

''

He is staring out of the window, watching the sun kiss the earth. He felt  her hands wrap him, he smiles turning. She learns in and kisses him lightly on his lips.

''Thank you Darren''

''For what?'' He inquired 

''For taking care of me, for loving me, for being you even if your heart is somewhere else'' She touches his face 

He smiles ''I will always do that..care for you''

''I know, and if i let you, you would do it always, if not forever. Because you are one of those people, who put others first, who let go of their wants and desires just so that others are happy''

''Not so'' He shakes his head, she laughs

''I am not sure you believe that. It is very so..see how you have cared for me, even when i didn't deserve it''