Nineteen; Permission

Saturday morning

jumped out of bed and

put on my best suit

Got in my car and raced like a jet,

all the way to you

Knocked on your door

with heart in my hand

To ask you a question

'Cause I know that you're

an old-fashioned man, yeah, yeah

Can I have your

daughter for the rest of my life?

Saturday morning ••jumped out of bed and••put on my best suit••Got in my car and raced like a jet,•• all the way to you••Knocked on your door ••with heart in my hand••To ask you a question••'Cause I know that you're••an old-fashioned man, yeah, ye...

After the night where Tom and I confessed our feelings towards each other, everything seemed to get better, I began to eat more, sleep was easier now for me. Instead of seeing my mother, I would see Tom's beautiful face, I remembered the feeling of his soft lips against mine, the feeling of warmth that spread on my heart as he told me he liked me.

When I went home, I couldn't stop smiling, I smiled so much my cheeks began to ache. Things were kinda awkward for us, but we somehow managed to ignore the weird tension between us. I've never understood exactly what to do when someone returned the same feelings you have for them. I felt like a whole goddamn zoo was in my stomach every time Tom would come over and visit.

Our days would consist of watching movies together, we would hold hands during the film, I would end up laying my head on his shoulder, that would lead to him wrapping his arm around my shoulder and we would end up cuddling with each other until we fall asleep. It wasn't the first time that Tom would stay over, we would fall asleep together on the couch, my father would bring a blanket and cover us with it. Tom was a gentleman when we would be kissing, his hands would stay on my waist, and wouldn't try anything that I didn't like.

It was early in the morning when I woke up to shower and eat breakfast. It was Saturday morning, meaning my Pops went out for his usual morning run, I was brushing my teeth when my phone ringed.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, how are you?"

"I'm good babe, you?", I walked back inside my room as I sat down on my bed, leaning my back against the headboard, "I'm good too, hey want to go out and do some shopping, we haven't hangout in awhile",

"Of course, I'll see you in a hour?...love you Jake". I hang up and began to walk over to my closet to find something decent. I was busy listening to music that I didn't hear the doorbell downstairs until someone began to knock loudly, Pops probably lost his keys again, I rolled my eyes as I walked downstairs towards the living room door. I opened the door surprised to find Tom standing with his hands in his pockets, "hey Tom"

He gave me a smile as he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek, this made me blush a little, "hey Bianca, is your dad home?". I gave him a confused look as I invited him in, I watched him as he nervously sat down on the couch, "I'll go call my dad", he gave me a nod as he began to fiddle with his shirt.