Ch. 26

Mike carried Julia back to the house to be checked for injuries. All the while
Mike would growl every time someone would try to check her stomach, so we ah to take him outside, which he wasn't to happy about.

"Let me see my god damn mate Avery!"

"Not until you calm down and let the people do their job. And knowing you I think you should stay out here."

"Ah shit, Avery what's gonna happen?" Mike asks looking at me like a little boy who just had a bad dream. I walk up and hug him tight and whisper that everything will be okay. When in reality I don't think it will be. We wait outside and talk until we see one of the doctors come up to us.

"Everything is okay. She has a few bruised and broken ribs, a concussion, and it seems like she needs to have some food, but we've taken care of it all. You can see her whenever you want, I just want her to stay one night to check over everything."

"Thanks doc." Mike replies with lips tight making them look white he walks in. Let's hope Julia won't flip out on him. I hear crashing noises and rush into the room in panic.

"What's going-" I look in shock as Julia has Michael in a headlock looking pissed. i sigh and shake my head. "Hey Jules, what's up?"

"Oh hey Avery! you know just kicking this guys ass."

"Oh well that's nice, but can you let him go? we need to talk about what my father did to you."

"Oh okay then I guess I can do that," Julia slowly releases her grip and Michael rubs his neck.

"Good grip,"Michael mumbles walking out the door confused as ever.

"I see you're as good as new."

"Psh oh yeah my stomach is burning like it's on fire and my head is pounding, so good as new." I laugh at her response.

"Well at least you're alive, you were in pretty bad shape when we found you. What did my dad do to you jules?" I ask not ready for the answer that will come.

"Oh you know the usual punching, kicking all that abuse. After awhile the pain just went away and I was numb. I couldn't feel it anymore, so the abuse got more frequent. I wasn't telling him where you were, like I was supposed to know. He never fed me only once every other week, and it was only scraps. One day he just came in grabbed me by the elbow and dragged me to a car, then dragged me to the spot you found me. That's why you saw the trail of blood, he even went over the roughest parts just so I would get hurt. I passed out soon after he left, I heard noise then someone grab me and I felt safe, Avery who grabbed me when you found me?"

"His name is Michael, he's our third in command. Julia he's your mate, he was the one you put in the headlock earlier." I look at her still digesting all she said, how could my father be so cruel? I look over at Julia she seems like her usual self, except that she still has sticks in her hair and is covered in dirt. "Do you wanna see him? You can take a shower then we'll go down?"

"Wait a minute are you saying I put the third in command in a headlock?"

"Yes, but he is also your mate Jules."

"I just kicked the third in commands ass! oh yeah oh ye- wait did you just say he's my mate?" she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Yeah I said that twice now. You can meet him and everyone."

"Oh great I have to be social?" I shake my head with a laugh.

"Yes you have to be social but it's just for a few hours." She groans but gets ready anyway. As we walk to where everyone else is we talk about where she was and if she could give me details about the place. I look her over before we enter the room the shower she took really helped her, now you can only see few cuts and bruises that will heal by tomorrow.

"Are you ready Jules? you'll meet my mate, my brother, Alex's mate, and your mate for now then later when you're ready you can meet more pack members." I tell her with worried eyes, now I understand why everyone looked at me with worry and pity they saw what I see in Jules, broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys, well I guess I haven't been a good author and I'm sorry for that I really really am. I'm in summer vacation and I just can't find time I really do try to update I was down the cape all week then went white water rafting which was a blast! So I'm not going to make a promise that I'll update real soon because chances are I won't and I'm sorry. If you don't like how I'm not updating every week then you can talk to me personally. I just want to thank @thishairaintnatural for making this amazing book cover. Also my friend just made a book so if you could check it out that would be awesome @scully12 she's a great author and it's a good book. And check out @gem4life99 because she has a book too and is my friend. Okay I'll stop now sorry for wasting your time here's a cookie *gives cookie and hug* please

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

thanks love you guys,

Alex <3

***unedited***