Ch. 17

Avery's p.o.v.

Michaels reaction was shocking. He stood up and hugged me. I stiffened in his arms. he let go and apologized,

"It's ok I'm just not used to... this."

"You have to tell Dylan Avery. he needs to know, he deserves to know." Michael tries to persuade. I shake my head and block the door.

"No he can't know! Dylan will kill him. even if he has done these things to me I won't let him die. He is my father after all." I try to persuade back which just makes him angry.

"That man is not your father! he kidnapped you and hurt you. if you won't tell Dylan I will." he says while trying to get me out if the way. Before I can say anything a huge crash from my room distracts me. Michael grabs me and pushes me behind him. he moves his head back and forth looking for any danger before letting me go and walking towards the smashed window. I look around and see a brick with a piece if paper attached to it. Michael snatches it without giving me a chance to grab it. he looks at me and I just shrug. he opens the note and his face flushes.he drops the letter and runs to the window. I slowly bend down and pick up the note. I tea I again and again until I realize what I have to do. I look at the note and sigh, it says,

'You can run but you can't hide, i'll get you sooner or later! oh and I have a little surprise for you, see you soon!'

I drop the paper and take a glance at Michael. He looks back at me with worry etched all over his face.

"I think it's time you tell Dylan." he says quickly before grabbing my hand an running out the door.

Dylan's p.o.v.

I had to leave Avery to go take care of pack business. I decided to leave Michael, my third in command, to guard her. hoping that she opened up to him. I was in the middle of some paper work when I got a distressed mind link from Michael.

'Alpha, something happened I think you should come to the pack house.'

'What happened Michael? is Avery alright? I'm on my way.' I say while running to the pack house. Michael explains what happened about the window and what the note said. I got to the pack house and slammed the door open. I yelled for Avery and Michaels name.

"Avery! Michael!! where are you?!" I hear footsteps on the stairs so I run towards them to see Michael and his distress look.

"She locked herself in her room, I can here her crying I didn't know what to do." he says frantically while showing me the way.

"It's okay Michael I'm just glad both of you are okay." He leads me to the door and points to it. I nod my head and he leaves me do I can talk to my mate. I sigh and knock on the door.

"Michael I just need some alone time can you please leave me alone." she says while sniffling.

"Sorry princess not Michael, but care to guess again?" I say I can hear her gasp and jump up to open the door. when she opens it I in gulf her into a giant bear hug.

"Dylan I thought you were working. What are you doing here?" she asks while wiping her tears off her face. I wipe the rest of her tears.

"Well Michael mind linked me saying something happened. I came because I was worried. are you okay?" I ask looking up and down for any cuts and blood.

"No no I'm fine I'm more worried about Michael, he was closer to the window." I look around to see the mess. other than glass around the area it's good. I notice a piece of paper off the floor and go to grab it. Avery sees what I'm trying to grab and swiftly gets to it dirt and picks it up. I look at her and then at the paper.

"Avery what does that piece of paper say?"

"Um nothing just a grocery list?" She states but it turns out to be a question.

"Oh really? so you don't mind me seeing it do you?" I ask knowing its not a list but a note from some one. her dad?

"Well um I was actually going to ask Michael to take me since you weren't home and um the window just shattered... yeah hahah" she says and laughs nervously.

"Show me the paper Avery, now." I say sternly with my palm open. she looks at me and shakes her head in defeat while putting the paper shakingly in my hand. she backs away from me and I give her a quizzeled look. I open the paper and read it. once I finished and looked back at her and saw her on the bed knees up and crying with hr head down. I then realized I used my alpha tone and must have scared her.

"Ah shit, I sorry Avery. I just wanted the paper, but I need to know who did this? and what did they do to you?" I say while slowly walking towards her and cupping her face with my hands. she flinched under my touch but doesn't pull away. She lifts her head up to look into my eyes and doesn't say anything.

"I told Michael." is all she says I look at her with confusion.

"What did you tell Michael?"

"I told him what happened to me. I told him everything from when I was 8 to now." she states while looking at me with sorrow. I didn't know what she was talking about but then I realized. she told him her life. she opened up to him but not to me. Hurt flashed across my face but was soon replaced with no emotion. She seemed to notice my pained expression and quickly tries to explain.

"I'm sorry Dylan. I just felt safe towards him sorta like I feel when I'm around you. but he needed to know and it just kinda came out. like I couldn't control what I said." I look at her in shock and disbelief. I whisper,

"Michael is your protector."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys before I forget please follow

@BritneyDepaul

And please read her book

Different

I keep forgetting I am so sorry! Anyways I have a question for you would you rather have her twin as

A) her actual twin

Or

B) her evil dad sent him to capture her

What would you rather? Please

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

thanks love you,

Alex <3

***unedited***