A Moment In Time

His fingers traced my skin as we lie there. Soft tunes of Trapsoul drifted from the tv as his eyes closed involuntarily and I cuddled  up next to him, my hand on his chest  rose and fell softly. This was my favorite place to be. The fan blew cool air and hummed a lulaby. I stare up at the night light of stars littering the ceiling, I never felt more at home than when I was with him. His natural scent of downy and Irish spring cuddled my nose as I inhaled in peace and gained serenity. Outside of these four walls I was unsure of everything, but here in this bed with him I felt ok. For once in my life I felt whole. As cliche as it sounds he made me complete even though everything about this man was complicated to me. To him these four walls were like a prison, something holding him back from everything he'd ever dreamed for himself. I wondered if my presence made it feel different, if me being here made him feel complete as well or at least half way there. I wanted to be everything for him. These are the thoughts I think as I lay here. These are the thoughts that trickle my mind when he interrupts them turning to me with grunt and kissing my cheak "Are you ok?" He asks his beard tickling my neck, and even though I have doubts I answer yes and he squeezes me, his way of saying I'm here and turns his back falling asleep and leaving me to think. I turn my back to him too, in a petty pursuit that I don't think he's ever understood and I fall asleep shortly after wondering if this is what love feels like, just being alright, or is there more to it. Something I'm missing.. Even though I'm racking my brain, still this is my favorite place to be and I don't ever want to leave. Dear diary, Dear me.. I love this man.