Chapter 26

🌻We had walked under the sun for hours and there were no sign of anyone coming. My Byakugan was still not advanced enough to see from a far distance, so it would not be useful to track people. Using Sharingan would also put a strain to Sasuke's eyes if used for a long period of time, so we resorted to depending on our luck.

"Wait." Sasuke stopped us from moving.

Naruto and I looked at him curiously.

"Whats is it, Sasuke?" Naruto asked.

He activated his Sharingan and looked around, "We're caught in a genjutsu." He held his hands together, forming a hand sign. "Release!"

When we looked around again, our surroundings completely changed. In our genjutsu, it seemed we had already walked for a far distance, but the building we were accommodated in was still in sight.

"Aw man!" Naruto huffed.

"We have to be careful from now on. It seems some genjutsu traps were made." Sasuke warned.

He did not deactivate his Sharingan, in fear that we would fall for another trap. He took the lead to scan the area and walked in front of us proudly. Until he came to a halt; his demeanour became slump.

I ran up to him and asked, "Sasuke, what's wrong?"

His eyes.

They were full of sorrow.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and felt his body trembling. He was never like this. Suddenly, his eyes widened into shock. He instantly pushed my hand away and began to rush towards a direction.

"Hey, Sasuke! Wait up!" Naruto clicked his tongue and rushed off to catch up with him and I followed quickly with my Byakugan activated. However, I still could not see what he was looking at.

We zipped around some huge rocks and small cactuses until three figures came into view. They were finally in my range and I recognised them as Toneri's team. They looked troubled.

Sasuke and I sped off faster and I finally saw what was bothering them.

They were stuck in quicksand.

I turned towards the blonde who could not see as far as Sasuke and I. "Naruto, there's quicksand in front of us and Toneri's team is stuck in it!"

He nodded his head, "Gotcha."

All three of us pumped chakra onto our feet and ran on the surface of the quicksand. Our chakra prevented us from sinking. While I pulled Toneri away from the quicksand, Sasuke carried the twin with braids, Miku, as I recalled. Naruto pulled out Miki and brought her to solid land.

"Thank you, Hinata." Toneri said in appreciation.

I smiled, "It's no problem."

🌸 Darn it! It's quicksand! I grunted.

"Master!" I called out.

"I know." He said calmly. "The more you struggle, the more it'll drag you in."

How do we get out of this??