Chapter 7

🌸 "THIS BENTO IS DELICIOUS, KAKASHI-SENSEI!" Naruto beamed with a mouthful of rice.

"That is my lunch!" Cried Kakashi.

Hinata and Sasuke gaped at him for eating while all of us are in the middle of a spar.

While I...

"NARUTOOOOOO!!!" I punched him across the field. Again. Only this time, he fell into the river and dropped the bento onto the grass, leaving the remains scattered all over the field. The irk on my forehead grew bigger and bigger each second as I growled,"I swear that idiot will be the death of me."

Kakashi picked Naruto up from the river, then dragged him all the way to a thick wooden pole and tied him up.

"You are disqualified to be a ninja, Naruto. Not only did you steal my lunch, you did not help your teammates at all."

"HUH?! NO! NO! NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS KAKASHI-SENSEI!" Naruto whined in panic.

All of us ignored his cries and listened to what Kakashi has to say.

"To be honest, I'm very impressed at the three of you. However, Sakura, you are wrong to underestimate Naruto's abilities and not include him in your fight. You did not mention his name during the fight and I can see that you didn't have the intention to."

I kept quiet because he was right. I avoided eye contact and looked at the ground in guilt and anger; I found a point in his words and I was angry at myself for committing a flaw. Perhaps it was something about how I grew up in a noble clan that it made me furious to have done something imperfectly.

Then, a palm patted my head.

"But you did a good job figuring out the key to pass my test and performing excellent teamwork without communication." He smiled behind his mask. "The same goes to both of you." He gestured towards Hinata and Sasuke.

"So we passed?" Hinata asked happily.

"Yes."

Hinata and I grinned and fist pumped.

"But.. What about Naruto?" Sasuke asked.

"YEAH! WHAT ABOUT ME?? BELIEVE IT!!"

"He, I believe.. Failed."

"But Kakashi-sensei, you said he shouldn't be underestimated. Can't he be given a chance?" Hinata pleaded which made me suspicious. It was a surprise to see Hinata helping out someone who annoys her most.

Kakashi thought for awhile and said,"Sure, if all of you agree."

"YAY! YOU ARE THE BEST, HINATA-CHAN!"

I facepalmed, knowing Naruto will be more annoying than usual and pitied Hinata because he will be more crazy over her after this incident.

This is just great..

~~~~~

After the training, I had lunch with Hinata near a park. We bought each of us a bento box.

"So what do you think of our team?" She asked.

"I think I will die being annoyed by that idiot."

"At least you have a silent lover." She chuckled.

At this, I blushed. "W-What are you talking about?? Sasuke doesn't love me!"

"How did you know it was Sasuke? I didn't mention a name."

Oops. She caught me. Crap.

"W-Well, he is the only guy apart from Naruto.." I quickly reasoned, which was true.