Never insult an Alpha.

SILENCE” came the deafening shout it took me a while to realise that it wasn’t through the link. It was verbal.

“Guards & witnesses, meeting hall now.” Bronya commanded. The house was silent as everyone waited to hear what else she had to say. “Everyone into lockdown.” Everyone began moving, it was then I realised that I didn’t know what that ment.

 I stepped into the hall to see everyone rushing in different directions, but in a rather organised manner. They all knew exactly what THEY were doing.

I saw a teenage boy and decided to follow him, he pushed through the crowds of people and went in a completely different direction.  He left and went into the snow, I then realised he was a patroller Great, smart one Cato.

==================================================================================

Bronya’s POV:

Great another pack! notice the sarcasam... We have finally got big enough to be noticed. I’m glad we planned for this, the fighters assemble in the far away hut and the witnesses come to me. The children go to the school and the teacher and doctor stay with them.

I turned to my witnesses “Is it an attack?” is my obvious first question.

“No” Silly people, no attack arrrgh I want to go back to bed! “But they are on our land.” Somebody said.

That got my interest, invading my boarder? No way! They were coming down.

“Thankyou meet with the others, Oh and Dave, “ I said looking to a witness. “Find the new guy.” {ßCato}

~

I ran towards the armoury the furthest hut within our boundaries: where the defenders were assembling. (basically every teenager and adult) This is where we trained and kept our supplies.

James {boy from chapter 2 years later} was getting everyone into positions. He is our strongest fighter he was also handing out guns. You may think this is to extreme but we are very protective and we are a small pack of only 20 fighters.

We have pinpointed where the attackers are; they are on the east side and walking around practically in circles. We will assemble in a circle around them giving them no escape. There are not many but they are still a threat.

I do find it funny how other packs would only sent out a few men to deal with it but as I said we are small, protective, and this is our only family.

Suddenly my thoughts were cut off by again, Cato. “Bronya! Help me! I’m lost…” I rolled my eyes seriously why is my mate so pathetic?

“Can you tell me where you are or how you got there?”

“Above ground”

“How on earth did you get there?” I had thought at least he was smart, but no here he was lost outside.

“I followed someone”

“Did you see where they went?”

“East but I lost them,” At least he knows directions.

“Have you moved since then?”

“Not much”

“Go west a little, I will send help”

I mind linked Dave and told him Cato was near the edge of the west tunnel. I then turned to my fighters “Into positions” I shouted. This will be interesting.

~

Cato’s POV

Arrrggh I’m so stupid Bronya is defending her pack and I’m lost!! I sat down waiting, Bronya said she’d send help so I keep looking around nervously.

Soon I saw a wolf in the distance making a beeline straight for me. I stood up and followed him changing into my wolf in the process. He took me along way past where the huts are towards where I guess the invasion is.

He then stopped and hid I then followed suit and dropped to the ground to wait. I then saw the wolves they were right infront of us. I then heard Bronya through the mindlink: “Move in”

Oh I get it now we are surrounding them and moving in such and obvious plan!

I looked closer at the wolves they were all large with the obvious largest Alpha, There were only 7 of them and we had them surrounded! I don’t see why they were stressing out.

We kept like that till you could see the wolves could tell that other wolves were around. They kept sniffing the air and looking around.  Bronya then said “Show yourselves.”

They all stood up as one and howled. The wolves in the middle were agitated. They all backed together looking out growling. Bronya then stepped forward as her huge silver wolf,  Amy stood next to her as a human.

“Alpha change” Amy said looking at their Alpha.

Their Alpha and Beta then changed. They were both men and brown hair one was a foot taller than the other which I found funny…  The short one then spoke.

“Rouges” he spat out. Hahaha turns out the shorty is the alpha!

I turned to see Bronyas expression as blank. “Never… insult… an Alpha!” Amy said with gritted teeth. She then stepped forward with her hand on Bronya again.

“Humans advance one step. Wolves stay.” Bronya said through the mindlink. I looked around to see half the pack was in their human form and advancing far enough to be seen. The wolf I was with pushed me forward.

I took a step forward and then realised that we were partners one wolf with one human.

The alpha of the other pack looked scared. “Change” Amy demanded looking to the pack members of the other pack. They sneered at her and remained in their wolf form.

“Guns” Bronya said through the mindlink. All the humans raised a gun there were only 11 of them including Amy but they all looked pretty menacing.

I ducked down as fast as I could and grabbed a stick, hoping nobody would notice. The wolves of the pack were not in the line of vision but were advancing.

“I repeat change” Amy said with a firm voice.

“Why should we listen to you” the Beta of the other pack jeered.

“We have a very large pack of 100, these are our patrollers. You obey or we will kill you.”

They all looked to their Alpha before changing. Except one. He was quickly shot by a man opposite to Amy.

I stared at him shocked, was that really necessary?

“Follow us.” Amy said. The wolves and humans to either side parted making a gap. Amy climbed on Bronyas back and walked away.

The other wolves advanced or walked to the side. Keeping the men in a tight semi-circle.  I awkwardly followed behind. Why does Amy always to the speaking? They are good friends but Bronya is the Alpha.

Its true that Bronya looks more impressive in her wolf form, wait I’m her mate! I mean she is pretty as a human but…

Nevermind.