Chapter 9

“Sam. Dean. Katherine,” Andrea said. The three of us turned to look at her. We’d been putting all of our things in the impala so we could get back on the road.

We’d finally stopped Peter Sweeney’s ghost, but it hadn’t been an easy task. We did leave town, like we were supposed to, but Dean had a bad feeling about it, so we turned the car around. And thank heavens we did, too; Andrea was being attacked by Peter’s ghost.

Unfortunately, Andrea’s father had given his life to save Lucas. However, as Sam had reminded Dean and I, you couldn’t save everyone. But at least one good thing came out of it. Lucas was speaking again.

“Hey,” Dean said.

“We're glad we caught you. We just, um, we made you lunch for the road,” Andrea said. Lucas appeared behind her, holding a tray of food. “Lucas insisted on making the sandwiches himself.”

“Can I give it to them now?” Lucas asked. Andrea nodded and Lucas brought me the tray.

“Thanks bud,” I said to him. He smiled up at me.

“Thank you. All of you,” Andrea said. “Neither of us would be alive without you.”

“Don’t worry about it,” I told her. “It’s what we do.” I could see Dean smirk slightly out of the corner of my eye but ignored him. Although I was curious as to why he was doing it.

“Well, I’d better let you two go back out there and kill all the monsters,” Andrea joked.

“Take care of yourself,” Sam said. I nodded.

“And call us if you need anything,” Dean added.

We got in the impala and took off down the road. “Where we headed to next?” I asked.

“Not sure yet. Why? You got someplace to be?” Dean asked.

I shook my head. “Nah. Just curious is all. But I probably should call Tori and see how everything is going,” I said, taking my phone out of my pocket.

I dialled the familiar number and waited as it rang once, then twice, and then a third time. I was about to hang up when she finally answered.

“Hello?” she demanded, sounding irritated.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

“You were supposed to call me,” she said irritably.

“Sorry. It’s just this hunt was pretty hectic. I’m sorry,” I told her.

Tori scoffed. “I don’t want an apology from you,” she said coldly.

“Tori, I said I was-” I began, but the phone went dead. She’d hung up on me. I sighed and tucked my phone back in my pocket before laying across the back seat and closing my eyes. This isn’t what I wanted…

I woke up a couple hours later to the purr of the engine. It was almost completely quiet in the impala. The lack of noise made me sit up immediately.

Sam was napping in the passenger seat and Dean was, as always, driving. He spotted me pop up in the rearview mirror and glanced back at me with a turn of his head.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Illinois. We’re headed over to Indiana,” Dean explained.

“Case?” I asked.

He shook his head. “Not yet. But I figured it’d be best to get out of Wisconsin, at least until everything dies down with the Sheriff dying and all,” he said.

“Probably a good idea,” I agreed.

My phone beeped, informing me that I had a voicemail, and I pulled it out of my pocket. Marcus had called, leaving me a message when I hadn’t answered.