[18] Desperate

(A/N): HAPPY COMEBACK!!!!  Welcome to the surprise double update, where author-nim has stayed up to see the comeback. I will be VERY tired tomorrow, but it will so be worth it.

I am ready to be WRECKED

This story has really picked up, hasn't it ;)

..........................................................

The last two days had been the most miserable of Jungkook's entire life.

The prison he was trapped in not only physically left him for death, but he had nothing with which to occupy his time than thinking about Taehyung and weep over his impending death.

He felt as if he was going insane, but this insanity kept his mind awake, adrenaline pumping, planning his escape to save his beloved.

There were guards that came every so often, checking up on him to be sure their insurance was still breathing, as he would be of no use if he was dead.

They brought him just enough food for him to regain some strength.

Their first mistake.

For when someone's true love is being threatened, even the smallest glimmer of hope will be enough for his heart to find its way back to the object of its desire.

The food kept Jungkook conscious, as he counted the time between guard checks, noting the number of guards outside and the number of times the particular guard shifted.

To the guards, he just appeared to be losing his mind, counting out loud and not sleeping, fiddling with rope and the splintering wood.

They tormented him, telling him he was foolish, reminding him of all the things they would do to Taehyung once they caught him, describing in detail how they would in cold blood murder the love of his life.

Their second mistake.

But Jungkook's body was pulsing with adrenaline and desperation, and he knew they would not question insanity.

He spent the entire time planning, getting the splintered wood sharp enough, hiding it when he counted to the correct number before the guard would come in with the fuel for his mind.

Finally, after what he had counted as about a day and a half, he was ready.

He had registered three guards on average at each check.

One guard would stand by the door, one would come in, and the other would watch from the outside of what Jungkook believed to be the house he was being held in.

The masquerade ball was tomorrow.

It was now or never.

He grabbed the weapon he had fashioned and the rope, tying it around one of the pillars and pulling it to where he sat, just beyond the door, counting.

5, 4, 3...

He could hear the footsteps and the keys jingling.

He pulled the rope taut as the door opened, causing the guard to trip and fall, and Jungkook raised his fist and punched with all his might, smacking the guard in the face.

However, he was much too weak, and just as the guard was about to rise from the ground, Jungkook stabbed his stomach with his crudely made wooden weapon.

On a normal day, Jungkook could not have managed that.

But they were going to kill Tae.

Their final mistake

Right on cue, as if they were dancing, the second guard came in and met the same doom as the first, both writhing on the floor, but not dead.

Now, Jungkook held the keys to his freedom, stumbling out of his basement prison and creeping towards what he believed to be the exit.

The floor creaked underneath him, as he silently begged it to cease just until he could get out.

He turned a corner, peeking to see if he could find the third guard, but to no avail.

Puzzled, he sat for a moment, contemplating whether to move from his spot.

Two arms wrapped around his back, a calloused hand closing his mouth as a laugh vibrated his whole body, a blade slashing his shoulder making him scream in pain.

"Foolish child"

"He will die"

"There's nothing you can do"

Every guards' cruel words echoed through his mind as he focused on Taehyung.

He mustered every ounce of strength he had left, and with all of his might, kicked the guard straight in the balls.

The hands suddenly released his body as he turned and plunged his weapon once again through the body of one of his tormentors.

He took no time to tend to his wounds or to gloat his victory to his captors.

He had a prince to save.

As he exited the final door of his prison, he looked around, gaining his bearings before realizing just how close they were to the palace.

Jungkook walked, despite his constant loss of blood and his increasingly heavy steps, making his way as far as he could before falling to the ground and crawling.

His chest screamed in pain as it scraped across the rocks, his legs crying out, but nothing would silence the yelling of his heart to reach Tae.

His body soon gave out, adrenaline ceasing and his vision blurring.

He panicked, stretching his arm just hoping to make it a bit further.

Crawling, begging his body to go further.

Suddenly, a figure appeared above him in the night, what he presumed to be an angel sent to save him.

"Jungkook?!"

However, the only words he could manage before his world went dark were simply

"Save Tae"

His hand met the ground as his body collapsed once again, battered and bloodied as if he was already dead.