64

Both Izzy and Jughead felt angry as they looked around the Whyte Wyrm. The majority of the Serpents that used to live in Sunnyside Trailer Park had been forced to camp out at the bar, seeing as they had nowhere else to go.

   "I don't understand," Jughead stated in disbelief.

    "You saw what the Ghoulies did to most of Sunnyside," Toni replied, seeming a bit sad about it.

  "Most of the Serpents couldn't afford to leave Riverdale," Sweet Pea added in, "So we came here."

     "I'm staying here, too, I guess," Izzy spoke up and both Toni and Sweet Pea gave her a confused look, "From what I heard, FP hasn't shown his face here in days, you guys need someone to make sure no trouble occurs. I can make that happen,"

  Jughead frowned when he heard Izzy's mentioning of his father. He quickly turned his head to look at the brunette, "Wait, my dad knows about this?" He questioned and all three of his friends stayed silent.

_______

  After Jughead found out about his father knowing about the Serpents staying at the Whyte Wyrm, he decided to take Izzy along with him as he confronted their father at the trailer.

 They entered the trailer to find FP sprawled out on the couch with a beer in his hand. Numerous other glass bottles of liquor also surrounded him. 

  "Since when are you drinking again, FP?" Izzy questioned him, a concerned look on her face.

   "Well, Izzy, I am celebrating the fact that I am no longer Hiram Lodge's bus boy," He informed both Izzy and Jughead, "He fired me from Pop's today. He's cleaning house, getting rid of stragglers."

    "Well, he's a little bitch," She commented with attitude.

  "Yeah," He agreed with her quietly.

"Who cares?" Jughead added in, "The three of us have work to do. Why'd you lie to me?" He asked his father, feeling a bit disappointed in him as FP got up from the couch, "You told me the Serpents don't exist. They're at the Wyrm and they need our help."

  "No, what they need is to cut bait, get out while they still can. Now I wasn't lying when I said it was over, Jug. It is time, boy."

  "What are you talking about!" Jughead asked his father as he and Izzy turned to face him to see that he was pouring himself a glass of some type of liquor.

 "It is time for us to skip town, and Izzy's coming with us." FP informed the two teenagers and Izzy scoffed.

 "Like hell I am!" She argued loudly.

 "I'm not going anywhere!" Jughead shouted at the same time as Izzy said her argument.

 "You bet your ass you are," FP retorted, "Both of you. I already ran it by Alice and she agreed that you're coming with Jughead and I, Izzy. To Toldeo. I already told Jughead's mom."

  Jughead shook his head, "No, I'm not leaving Betty."

  "We're not abandoning the Serpents," Izzy added in, anger laced in her tone.

  FP took a sip of his bottle of beer as he walked back into the living where Izzy and Jughead stood beside each other. He placed it down on the coffee table before he turned to face the two teenagers, "I will not be standing over two body bags with both of you zipped up in them," FP demanded as he placed a hand on both Izzy and Jughead's shoulder, "We're moving to Toledo. Pack light, both of you. We're only taking the bikes."

______

Betty and Polly were sitting on the living room floor of the Cooper house, playing with Juniper and Dagwood while Alice sat on the couch near them. Suddenly, the door bursted open and in came Izzy. Once she entered the house, the slammed the door shut behind, causing every single one of them to jump, knowing Izzy was mad about something and that it definitely wasn't going to end well for whoever she was about to go off on.

  Izzy walked into the living room with an angry look on her face, "Izzy, where have you been? You got out of the hospital two days ago and yet, this is the first time I've seen you since then." Alice asked her, trying to sound stern.

  "Screw you, Alice!" She shouted out and all three blondes looked at her shocked, knowing instantly something bad had happened, especially since Izzy had already gotten used to calling her mother 'mom' instead of Alice.

  "Excuse me? You do not get to talk to me like that. I'm your mother!" Alice yelled her and Izzy scoffed, crossing her arms.

  "Oh, yeah? What mom you are. I've been out of the hospital not even three days and I've already found out that you're giving me away to FP so he can drag my ass all the way to Toledo. I can't believe you would do this to me! I thought you were better than that." 

   Betty's eyes widened in shock when she heard Izzy's words. She quickly turned to her mother, "Mom, is that true?" Betty questioned and Alice looked at her, slowly nodding her head.

  "It's for your own good, Izzy. Riverdale has become dangerous, especially for the Serpents. In the span of one night, you were shot in the shoulder, got your tattoo carved off your arm, beaten badly, and left in the woods to die. Honey, you almost did die. You need to get out of your own good, what if you get hurt again? All because you're a Serpent."

 Izzy scoffed, "You don't know me at all, do you?" She questioned, "I would have rather died that night in the woods, trying to save my friends than pick the coward's way out and flee town. The Serpents are my life, nothing's going to change that, not even a near-death experience." 

  Alice quickly stood up, trying to stop her daughter before she left, "Izzy, wait, I'm so--" Alice tried to apologize but Izzy was already out the door and speeding off on her bike.

  She turned to her two other daughters, who had disappointed looks on their faces, "Great job, you probably just lost her forever." Polly told her mom.

  "I was trying to help keep her safe!" Alice argued back.

  "You tried to take away the thing that matters most to her, Mom." Betty commented.