0

9 years earlier; December 24

"Where are we going?" Izzy asked as she let out a small childish giggle.

  She was sitting in the backseat of her mother's car beside her two older brothers, Matthew and Andrew.

"You'll see, it's a surprise," Her mother answered, smiling as she sat in the passenger's seat beside Izzy's father, "It is your birthday after all, Izabella." Her mother told her, turning around to face her youngest child.

    As the family of five sat in silence, enjoying the car ride, Izzy was slowly dozing off to sleep in her seat. She was beyond tired, she had woken up extra early because it was her birthday. Her brothers ended up taking her to the park with them and then had some ice cream and pizza with them. And now, here they were, driving in the late afternoon to Izzy's surprise. Izzy loved surprises, everybody in her family knew that. Even though they lived on the Southside, Izzy and her family weren't really what people expected them to be.

  Even though her father and mother were Southside Serpents, it didn't make their family any different from any other family. She still had her parents, she still had siblings, she still went to school like any other kid, she still played with toys, she did anything a normal eight year old would do. Well, except for the fact that on her first day of school, she punched a girl in the face and knocked both her front teeth out, but that's a whole other story.

     Izzy was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a car's horn beep and tires skid. Before her father could swerve out of the way, it was too late. The giant pickup truck had already slammed into their car, resulting in her family's car driving off the road and into a ditch, which left her whole family dead, Izzy as the sole survivor.

AN: Just a little back story before actual first chapter