36

"Veronica, are you trying to manage me right now?" Jughead questioned Veronica as he, Betty, Archie and Izzy all sat together in the student lounge room

"Define 'manage'." Veronica replied.

"People or are gonna lost their homes."

"Jughead, why don't you come over your dad and sit down with my dad and hash this out like civilized humans, face-to-face?" Veronica proposed before looking over to, "And Izzy should come too, seeing as she's the basically Queen of the Southside."

"Okay, Veronica," Izzy nodded as she crossed her arms, "On one condition will the three of us agree to this meeting. Your dad comes to Sunnyside trailer park. We want him to see the people that he's going to be displacing."

"Fine," Veronica agreed to Izzy's terms, "And trust me, no one is going to be displaced."

"Oh, my God. Did you guys hear?" Kevin Keller questioned as he quickly made his way over to his group of friends, "My dad's scanner is blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning. There was blood everywhere."

Izzy quickly snapped her head to see her right to see that Betty looked uneasy.

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grace?" Jughead questioned.

"Did they say who's body?" Archie asked the Keller boy.

"Where did they find it?" Izzy questioned him curiously at the same exact time that Betty asked. The two quickly glanced at each other before looking back at Kevin.

"The investigation is ongoing, but apparently it was a gruesome gang land-style execution at the motels with blood and brains splattered all over the duvet—"

"Okay, Kev, we get it." Archie cut him off just as Betty got up from her seat on the couch next to Izzy.

"I gotta go," Betty told them quickly and Izzy stood up from her seat also.

"Me too." Izzy agreed as she followed Betty as fast as she could out of the room.

As Izzy followed Betty down the hall, Izzy ended up bumping into someone, "Watch it." She told them angrily.

"Ouch," Sweet Pea replied jokingly, "I was actually about to come find you, can we talk somewhere?" He questioned.

Izzy slowly looked over at Betty running into the girl's bathroom then back at Sweet Pea, "I'm sorry, I have to go. Maybe after?" She asked him and Sweet Pea nodded.

Izzy ran into the bathroom and Sweet Pea watched closely as she left him stranded in the hallway, "What was that?" Toni asked her friend concerned as she and Fangs walked up to Sweet Pea in the hallway.

"I have no clue, but it's like she's been avoiding me for some reason. First last night, now, just right now and when I asked her about what happened last night, she lied. I caught her lying about it and she gave me the silent treat me the whole way to school. And she never lies to me."

"Ooo, maybe she's cheating," Fangs said jokingly and Toni rolled her eyes as she slapped him in the head, "Ow! Chill, Topaz, I'm just kidding!"

"What if she is?" Sweet Pea spoke up suddenly and Toni looked at her friend puzzled, why would he ever think of such a thing.

"Izzy would never do that to you, Sweet Pea." Toni argued.

   Back in the girl's bathroom, Izzy ran in to see Betty throwing up in the toilet, "Betty, you gotta get through this, okay?" Izzy sighed as she looked in all the bathroom stalls to make sure they were empty before speaking about what had happened, "There's always reports of dead bodies, are you seriously going to let yourself get sick every time?"

   Betty lifted her head from the toilet and sat beside it, "How are you so fine with this? You killed a man, yet you're able to go to school and act like nothing ever happened." Betty asked the Serpent girl.

Izzy sighed deeply as she took a seat next to Betty on the bathroom floor, "It was–It was my first time actually–you know, actually doing that to someone, but I've–I've helped do the clean up a dead body before." Izzy explained, not knowing exactly to say and Betty looked at her confused, "When FP got in trouble for storing Jason's body and Joaquin left before getting in trouble along with him, I was the third person involved. I was just never mentioned by them because they both wanted to protect me. Joaquin was one of my best friends and FP—well, you know what FP is to me."

Betty stared at her intently, "Are you serious?" She gasped shocked.

"Yes," Izzy nodded slowly before getting up off that ground, "You're not only one feeling sick after what happened last night. I dreamt about it all night last night and I thought Sweet Pea would be the fix of it, but every time I'm around him, he can tell something is up and I have to keep lying and lying to him. It kills me more and more, but I'm afraid that when he finds out he'll look at me differently."

  "He won't, he loves you more than anything." Betty replied reassuringly.

    ••••••

When Izzy arrived home after school, Alice wasn't home, but Chic was. Izzy was about to go upstairs when she spotted Chic in the kitchen, "Whatcha doing?" She asked him calmly as she walked into to see him eating some cereal.

"Eating."

"Okay, well, I'll be upstairs." Izzy told him as she was about to turn back around.

"Wait, Izzy," Chic called out, stopping her from walking any further.

Izzy sighed as she turned to face her half brother, "Yes?" She questioned.

"Thank you for you know—Doing what you did." Chic thanked her and Izzy couldn't help but start having chilling flashbacks.

     Flashback, previous night:

   "Get off him!" Izzy yelled as she tried to pull the man off of Chic.

    Chic had hit the man with the lamp, but it didn't do any good, he was still trying to hurt Chic. Izzy dug her hand into her Serpent jacket to find her pocket knife. Izzy took a deep breath just before pulling it out and flipping it open. Izzy grabbed the man and pulled him off of Chic. Just as the man was about to swing a punch at her, Izzy stabbed him in the gut with her pocket knife.

  Izzy quietly gasped as she watched the man fall to the floor, shocked about what she had just done to the man. The man laid there, motionless, the knife still embedded in his gut and his eyes still wide open as he began to bleed to death. A single tear fell down her cheek as she glanced down at the man.

  She killed him.
It was self defense, but she still did it.  She killed someone.

AN: honestly, Sweet Pea is dumb asf for thinking Izzy would do that. I'm the one writing it yet I feel that way.

I can have my own opinion, right?😂