2

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones III

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones III." Toni smiled as she and Izzy walked towards Jughead, who was just walking into Southside High. Toni quickly took a picture of him and Jughead silently groaned.

"Uh, It's Jughead actually." He quickly corrected her, putting his items back into his backpack before looking back up at the two teenage girls.

"I'm Toni Topaz and this is Izzy Blake, but I'm pretty sure you already know that." Toni smiled and Jughead nodded.

"Yeah, I know her." He replied, looking up at the teenage girl who was staying quiet.

"We were supposed to give you the full animatronic tour of Southside High, but some of the robots went insane and started killing the guests, so we'll just wing it." Toni commented sarcastically before she and Izzy began the tour of Southside High.

  Jughead and Izzy shared a glance before Izzy began to walk ahead of him.

"The classrooms don't have Wi-Fi, the bathroom stalls don't have doors." Izzy explained calmly as she walked down the stairs of the High School.

  Many people shared glances with her throughout the hallways, she was after all, considered Serpent royalty alongside FP on the Southside of town.

"What about the school paper? The Red and Black?" Jughead asked curiously.

"Yeah, that no longer exists; Censorship, budget cuts, take your pick." Izzy explained and Toni chuckled at her friend, she had just crushed Jughead's hopes and dreams without a care in the world.

As they kept walking Izzy and Toni turned their heads to see some Southside High students standing in a dark corner consuming Jingle Jangle, "To your right, you will find a rare glimpse of Jingle Jangle being consumed in its natural habitat." Toni added in, making Jughead quickly glance at the students as they walked by.

"I'm sorry, Jingle Jangle?" Jughead questioned, it sounded familiar to him, but he didn't know from where.

"Oh, this place is crawling with the JJ, highly addictive, total gutter drug, so I'd advise you not to touch that."

Jughead slowly nodded at Izzy's remark, "Jingle Jangle...Fascinating."

Finally, after walking a couple more minutes, the trio had finally made it to the cafeteria, "Alright. Here in the cafetorium, the Ghoulies sit over there; rival gang, drug dealers, street racers, rumors of cannibalism, don't ask." Izzy explained, pointing over to part of the cafeteria.

"And we sit over there with the Serpents." Toni added into Izzy's explanation.

"You're a Serpent too? Like Izzy?" Jughead questioned, following the Serpent girls towards the Serpent part of the room.

"Why else do you think I volunteered to accompany Izzy to give you the tour?" She replied as if it were the most obvious thing, "Come on."

Before Jughead could follow the two girls to the table, he stopped himself from going any further, "Actually, I'm gonna sit alone. Just gonna finish my book and brood." he replied.

Both Toni and Izzy looked at Jughead with a confused look, "I'm confused, and I'm pretty sure Izzy is too. You're FP Jones' son, aren't you like a Serpent- by-blood?" Toni asked him, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, so? I self-identify as a loner, not a pack animal. I'm just gonna keep my head down and try to get through this, okay?"

"Hey! You wanna get through this?" Izzy questioned, roughly grabbing Jughead by the arm, "You should hang with the Serpents. The Ghoulies get a whiff of you alone and vulnerable, they'll make you their bitch before you can even say American History X." Izzy glared at Jughead one more time before she walked over to the Serpent table, leaving Toni alone with Jughead.

Izzy sighed as she took a seat next to Sweet Pea, "What'd I miss?" She asked him and Sweet Pea smiled.

"Nothing much," He replied before he turned his head to look over at Jughead and Toni standing together talking, "Was that FP Jones' kid you were talking to?" He asked her with questioning look.

Izzy turned her head to the side to see Toni and Jughead still talking to each other. She then looked back at Sweet Pea and answered, "Yeah, he's a total loner, but pretty good looking," Izzy playfully rolled her eyes when she heard Sweet Pea quietly scoff, "Hmm, I think a certain someone is jealous." She joked.

"And why would I be jealous of him?" He questioned.

"Maybe because I called him cute," She answered, turning her head to face to teen Serpent, "But if you really want to know, I think you're cuter."

• • • •

Jughead and Izzy seemed to be the only ones listening in class. Izzy was sat next to Sweet Pea in class, who was too busy on his phone.

"Fahrenheit 451, by one of my favorite authors, Ray Bradberry. Start with the title. Can anyone tell me its significance?" The teacher asked, but no one was listening.

"What! Damn it!" Sweet Pea yelled out of nowhere and ran out of the classroom. Izzy sighed as she also got up and walked out of the classroom. She answered the teacher's scolding look with a shrug before exiting the English classroom.

"Sweets! Sweet Pea! Wait up!" She shouted as she tried to catch up with her friend.

"Just leave me alone, Izzy." Sweet Pea sighed as he walked out the school doors, Izzy following close behind.

"What the hell is your problem?" She scoffed and Sweet Pea quickly turned around to face her with an angry look.

"At the party last night, the one you and I went to together, did you sleep with that Ghoulie who was flirting with you?" Sweet Pea questioned, "Because he's going all around school saying that you slept with him last night. You were the last person I would think of that would sleep with the enemy, Izzy." Sweet Pea snapped at her and Izzy looked at him shocked.

"What-I didn't—" Before Izzy could finish her sentence, Sweet Pea cut her off.

"Save it." Sweet Pea rolled his eyes as he stormed off.

Izzy sighed as she turned around and walked back into school again. She didn't even sleep with Ghoulie. What was he talking about?

• • • •

"Hey, Izzy," Nick, the Ghoulie from the party, smirked as he leaned against the lockers next to where Izzy was standing.

"What the hell do you want?" She snapped at him, crossing her arms.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted come to my place after school?" He smirked placing a hand on Izzy's waist.

Izzy frowned as she looked down at his arm. Before she could even speak up, someone had already did it for her, "Get your filthy hands off of her, Nick, before I break it off." Sweet Pea threatened, walking over to the two.

Nick put his hands up in defense before quickly leaving, "I'm sorry, Izzy. Toni told me that he made up the whole thing. I should have listened to what you had to say. Forgive me?"

"Whatever," Izzy replied, rolling her eyes, storming off before Sweet Pea could speak up.