58

"That

 "That...That can't be." Izzy muttered quietly as she stood in front of the doctor, tears threatening to spill as she stared at the man, "He can't be. Fangs can't be dead."

  "I'm sorry, but your friend didn't make it." He informed her, giving her a sympathetic look. Izzy tried her hardest not to cry, she just couldn't believe that this was actually happening. 

   It felt like her whole world was crashing down. Fangs, he was her best friend. Her oldest friend beside Sweet Pea. They grew up together. They stuck by each other through it all. And she promised him. She promised him that he wasn't going to die. And this is what happens?

  'I don't wanna die', Fangs had told her the day before. Now, look at what happened. She couldn't seem to get those words out of her head. She felt utterly guilty.

   Izzy whipped herself around and made her way towards the door, tears still threatening to spill. She was still trying her hardest not to cry at that moment, but it was just so hard. She felt the pain start once more in her shoulder and winced. She dug her hand into her pocket and took out the bottle of oxycodone she had previously stolen. She quickly uncapped the bottle before taking three pills out and placing in her mouth before swallowing them without the need of water. She knew she was clearly abusing the drug, but she didn't care at that moment. It just hurt so much. She needed to pain to go away. Both the emotional and psychical pain.

_____

  "I can't just sit here!" Sweet Pea argued with Jughead, clearly frustrated with all that was going on in Riverdale.

    "You don't have a choice, Sweet Pea!" Jughead shouted, grabbing Sweet Pea by the collar of his Serpent jacket before slamming him against the wall of the bar, "You're staying put."

  Sweet Pea roughly pushed Jughead away from him, an angered look on his face, "You said it yourself. The Ghoulies are back." He stated and Jughead his hand out.

   "We will deal with them," Jughead argued sternly as Sweet Pea looked down at the ground, trying his best to hold in his anger, "As soon as my dad gets back--"

  Sweet Pea loudly scoffed, "Oh, so now you're not our leader all of a sudden. Oh no, that's right, you're just the guy who got Fangs and our real leader shot!"

    "Watch it," Jughead warned him in a low tone.

      "And now, Fangs might die and Izzy's stuck in the hospital. And the Ghoulies are out for our blood because of a drag race you gave Izzy the idea to start in the first place," Sweet Pea growled at him.

   "An hour," Jughead told him, "That's all I'm asking for, Sweet Pea."

 ____

 About an hour later, the Sweet Pea found himself back at the Whyte Wyrm, arguing with Jughead once again, "It's time we end the Ghoulies scourge! And that traitor, Penny Peabody! Permanently!" Sweet Pea announced to the group of Serpents.

  Jughead stood in front of him, not pleased by the trouble Sweet Pea was about to cause. Cheryl Blossom sat with Toni off to the side, watching the scene unfold.

  "Sweet Pea, two hours ago, your fight was with Reggie Mantle. Now, you want us to go to war over territory we don't even control anymore! This is Hiram Lodge's problem, not ours." Jughead argued with him.

 "So you're just gonna hand over Sunnyside Trailer Park, our home, to Penny and the Ghoulies?" Toni spoke up, walking over to the two boys.

  "Toni, I don't want us to die. A rumble with the Ghoulies right now, it's a suicide run." Jughead explained to her.

"It's better than a coward's death," Sweet Pea added in, clearly on Toni's side.

   The two teenage Serpents began to shout over each other, pointing an accusing finger.

  Izzy suddenly entered the bar, "That's enough!" She shouted at them in a loud, stern tone, causing all eyes to immediately be on her.

   Sweet Pea's eyes widened in shock when he saw his girlfriend. She looked as if she had been crying because her eyes were red and puffy. Izzy made her way over to them, her hands in her pocket.

  "Izzy--" Sweet Pea began to speak up, but Izzy cut him off.

  "I just got back from the hospital," Izzy informed them, tears threatening to spill once again, "Fangs, he didn't make it. He's gone."  Sweet Pea gave Izzy a saddened look, noticing how she was trying her hardest not to start crying in front of all of the Serpents.

 "Fangs is dead?" Jughead asked quietly, clearly not believing the girl's words.

  "We will mourn him, we will, but right now, there are bigger problems we need to deal with. For starters, the Ghoulies. From what I just heard, I'm positive we need to put it to a vote. All those against going to war with the Ghoulies?" She questioned and nobody raised their hand, "And all those in favor of giving those assholes what they rightfully deserve on the battlefield tonight." She explained.

  All at once, every Serpent in the room raised their hand, forming their fingers into a snakelike shape. Jughead turned around, giving Izzy a glare when he saw that Izzy had her hand raise, too. 

____

  When Izzy snuck into her home at the Cooper's residence, hoping that she would be able to dodge everyone to go cry in her room alone, she was shocked to see Betty sitting there, fear in her eyes as Hal began to choke Alice with his bare hands.

  Her eyes glanced over at the iron fire poker and instantly thought of an idea to stop him. Without Hal noticing, she picked up the fire poker and roughly hit him in the head with it, causing him to fall to the ground. She let out a grunt as she continued to hit him four more times. It was clear to both Betty and Alice in the room that Izzy didn't just hit Hal like that because she found him choking her mother, there was something else going on with the brunette.

 Izzy let out a shaky breath as she dropped the fire poker on the ground next to Hal's unconscious body, "Can somebody tell me what the hell going on?" She asked annoyed, holding her hands out.

 AN: Let me just say...the next two chapters for last night's episode will be VERY eventful. Sadly, there will be no one on one moments between Izzy and Sweet Pea, but there will a phone calls to which the other doesn't answer.