17

"Oh, come on, Coach! She has to be cheating!" Reggie whined to Coach Clayton.

"Don't be a sore loser, Mantle!"

Izzy had gym class right before lunch, it was still her first day, but she having a blast. She was absolutely doing everything she could to annoy Reggie. She had every single class with him, Moose and many other Bulldogs so it was pretty easy. Now, in gym class, they were playing dodgeball and Izzy was all by herself on one side because the rest of her team was girls and they hadn't gotten out easily.

On the opposing team, Reggie, Moose and Archie stood on the other side. They could have probably gotten her out, but coach had decided to take away most of the balls so now there was only three total and they were all on Izzy's side.

Izzy smirked evilly as she picked up a dodgeball and tried to figure out who she was going to get out. Everyone else had already gotten out on their team. Izzy was going to get Archie out, but he was actually being pretty decent. She knew she wasn't going to hit Reggie because she wanted to get him out last.

Izzy turned to face Archie, acting like she was going to hit him, but at the last minute she turned and hit Moose right in the face, "Whoops, my bad." Izzy put her hands up in defense before getting ready for one of them to try to hit her with the ball. Reggie took the ball and gripped it in his hand, "Come on, Mantle. You're captain shouldn't you be able to hit me in—" Before Izzy could finish her sentence, Reggie threw the ball. Izzy could have caught it But she dodged it instead because she wanted to leave him as last to get out.

Izzy picked up one of the ball and looked over at Archie, "Sorry, Red, but I want some alone time with your little football buddy, you understand right?"

Archie was about to answer, but Izzy had already threw the ball with full force and it hit him in the stomach, "Hey! At least I didn't hit you directly in the face like I did the rest of your team! I call that progress!" Archie rolled his eyes as he walked out off the court.

"Just you and me, Mantle," Izzy told him, full of amusement as Coach Clayton took away another ball, leaving them with only two. One on each side. Reggie had one in his hand while Izzy was empty handed, "I'm going to make you my bitch, Northsider. Let's make this a little more fun, shall we? If you win, I'll get myself expelled, deal?"

"Sure, if you win, which you won't, I'll let you have that black car that you raced the day of the race. I heard about how you loved it so much."

  "Fine." Izzy nodded and Reggie threw the ball thinking he was catching her off guard. To anyone in that gymnasium, it looked impossible to catch because of how fast it was gliding through the air. Izzy let out a deep exhale as she caught the ball just an inch away from her face. 

   "No, way," Reggie muttered, "That's impossible! You couldn't have caught that, nobody is ever able to catch that kind of throw when I'm the one throwing it."

  Izzy looked over to see Coach Clayton grinning, "Have you ever thought about doing Football? If you're here next year when the season starts, I'll gladly put you in varsity!"

   Izzy looked at them all shocked as the lunch bell rang. Izzy had to use regular clothes for gym so they had ended up giving her a short sleeved Riverdale shirt and pants to match it. Izzy made her way down the hallway and towards the cafeteria. Once she got there, she had no idea where to sit. Izzy turned her head to see Betty and Archie at one table, gesturing for her to sit with them. Before she could go over to them, she was stopped by a group of football players standing next to her, "What do you think you're doing? You're sitting with us.
   Izzy sighed before following them over to her table. Izzy ended up taking a seat in between Moose and some other unknown unknown football player. Reggie sat across from her.

   "Yo, Blake, you would look so much better if you replaced that jacket with a Blue and Gold varsity jacket."

    Izzy shook her head, "Nope, never in my life will I do that. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I will never trade in being a Serpent for being a Bulldog. That will go against every single rule I grew up living by since I was eight years old."

    Moose laughed, "You take being a Serpent very seriously, don't you?"

    Izzy rolled her eyes, "Well, wouldn't you be if you were raised by a whole gang of Serpent since your eighth birthday? Those people are my family."

   Reggie looked up at her confused, "And you're parents just let you be a Serpent? That's screwed up."

    Izzy pinched the bridge of her nose as she looked down at the table, "If my parents were alive, I wouldn't be going to this school. They died when I was eight."

The table stood quiet as Izzy's phone started to buzz. Izzy ignored it and kept talking, "You know, Weatherbee is going to say something about your jacket sooner or later," Reggie told her calmly, "Because I still owe you for winning the game, so I'll give you this."

  Izzy looked at him confused as he passed her his varsity jacket, "When he's near, put it on over the Serpent jacket. You act like that jackets glued onto you so, this is the best option."

  Izzy's phone kept ringing and she had finally decided to answer it, she opened it up to see numerous texts Toni, Fangs and Sweet Pea. It was to meet them at the quarry. Izzy told them okay made her way towards the exit.

                         • • • •

  "What the hell are you wearing!" Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs yelled at Izzy in unison when they looked down to see her wearing a Riverdale letterman jacket and a Riverdale shirt.

     "Nothing," Izzy shrugged, "Its nothing."

       "You've haven't even been gone one day," Toni shook her head, "And you're already wearing a football player's letterman jacket."

   Izzy sighed, "Yeah, I know, if I'm there next year, they're going to let me—"

  Before Izzy could finish her sentence, Sweet Pea cut her off, "Wait, that's another dude's jacket?" Sweet Pea asked jealous, and Toni and Fangs took it as their queue to leave them be.

"Reggie was helping me out so I wouldn't get in trouble with the principal," Izzy told him calmly, "Why? Is there a problem with that?"

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "I don't know, is there?"

Izzy sighed as she went over to Sweet Pea and wrapped her arms around Sweet Pea's neck and pressed her lips against his, "There's nothing to be jealous about, the only guy I want to be with is you. Plus, I only dig leather jackets."

Sweet Pea couldn't help but smile at her, "I love you so much, you know that?"

    "And I love you too."

AN: Don't worry, she's not becoming actual friends with them. After all, she was the one to lead the Serpents in the brawl against the Northside.