STAWP Chapter 46 in Logan's POV

Start from the beginning

"Why not?" Saf asks, her face falling.

"No, that's not what I meant." I quickly amend. I hate seeing the pain on her face, and I rush to explain. "You linked. When you were in the infirmary. You linked. You should be able to do it again."

"Are you sure?" Saf asks, as though I might actually lie to her about something as important as this.

"Of course I'm sure. Listen, Saf..." I pull her to sit on the bed facing me, and take her hands in mine. They feel soft and warm and for a split second, I forget to breathe.

"Yeah?" she asks.

"It's really important that we get you to link in the next..." I check my phone to see how much time we have left, "eighteen minutes."

"W-what happens in eighteen minutes?"

"That's when Father makes the announcement. If you still can't link by then, I... I'll have to tell him. It could ruin everything!"

If he found out I kept Saf's linking problem from him, he might change his mind about making the announcement. What if he tells me a Luna who can't link isn't good enough? Or he wants me to keep pretending that we're not together until she does? I can't go through all that again, not after I almost lost Saf. There's just no way I'm doing that again. I'd rather leave the pack then be apart from her.

"Wait! Couldn't you just tell me what he's saying?" Saf blurts out.

"What who's saying?" I frown, confused by the sudden change of topic.

"Your Father... you know, when he links? Can't you just repeat it aloud? Or tell me later?"

"Saf, it doesn't work that way. Someone's going to figure out you can't link, and they'll tell him even if he doesn't find out for himself." I shake my head. I can't be with her 24/7, intercepting every single link so no one figures it out. It just wouldn't work, and if Father finds out from anyone but me, "He'll kill me for not telling him."

"Okay." Saf nods. "Well, you said I linked before. That means I can do it again, right?"

"Right." I'm flooded with relief. She can link. It's just a matter of showing her how. Again.

"Then lets do this." Saf nods in agreement.

"Okay." I think about where we left off during our last lesson and decide it's as good a place to start as any. "Just relax and find your wolf."

"Okay." Saf agrees, though she looks kind of nervous. She pulls away from me, but I know she needs to focus, so I let go of her hands.

Can you hear me? I ask over the link. After three awkward, silent seconds pass I try again. How about now? Now? Now? I keep asking over and over. After some time, I start counting over the link. When I get to one hundred, I start singing over the link. Thunder by Imagine Dragons has been stuck in my head since I sang it in the shower earlier, so I just keep repeating the chorus. Then, suddenly, Saf grins.

"I think—" she starts to say, and I quickly stop singing and I groan, hoping she doesn't make fun of my singing voice. Then her face fills with horror, and I realize no matter how bad my singing is, it can't possibly have triggered such a reaction.

"Saf?" I ask in concern as she jumps to her feet and starts backing away like I'm covered by a million fire ants. She keeps backing away until her back hits the door, and I match her step for step. "Saf! What's wrong?"

"N-nothing," she stutters. "My wolf wanted... she kept telling me to... to..." her face floods with color and I hold my breath, waiting for her to tell me what could have possibly made her react this way.

"  her face floods with color and I hold my breath, waiting for her to tell me what could have possibly made her react this way

1. Thunder: Thumbs up? thumbs down? overplayed?   

2. Did you like Logan's POV?

3. Which was better? Logan's or Saf's? Did I pick well?

4. The next bonus story will be the one where I write one of you guys into STAWP. Would you want to be in a short story with Saf and Logan and the others? I'll be mailing out the contest details on Sunday! 

5. I started the account miaharlan because I'm thinking of writing a mature werewolf romance on the side (on days when I have STAWP writers block). Do any of you guys read adult romance and mature stories? Or not really?

 Do any of you guys read adult romance and mature stories? Or not really?