13*

Elias Lorizio

"What do you mean she's in the hospital? What happened?"

He bursted into laughter making me suck my teeth, "I had your ass. She's upstairs sleep. Can you bring me some food?"

"Hell no." I hung up on him as I pulled up to Desmond's house. "Bye."

"You're serious?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"Yeah. Get out."

She smacked her lips before snatching up her things and exiting the car. Not without slamming the door behind her.

"Don't slam shit you didn't pay for!" I shouted out the window earning the middle finger from her. "Ugly ass little girl."

I made it back home to see neither of my parent's cars were there so they were either working late or getting away from us. The first thing I was greeted to was Kam and Kaleb arguing. Nothing new.

"I told you I was going to get you back for touching my shoes!"

"What are y'all arguing about now?" I kicked off my shoes by the door.

"He poured out all of my body lava." She whined.

"Shut up." He mushed her. "Why didn't you bring any food? A nigga hungry as hell."

"You had me thinking something happened to Kam."

"Well I had to get your attention somehow. Don't be a little punk."

"Well now you're stuck finding your own food." I walked upstairs to my room. Scrolling through my contacts, I pressed on Zahria's name

"Who the hell is this?" She answered the phone making me raise and eyebrow.

"Is that how you always answer the phone?"

"Oh, Elias. You missed little ole me already?" She joked.

"I guess you can say that."

"Alright, I'm going to ask you something and I want you to tell the truth."

"Okay..."

"That girl, you said she's your bestfriend but do you have feelings for her? I just want to know if anything between us happens."

"No, I don't." I couldn't tell her yes because then she wouldn't want to have anything to do with me. I want to get to know Zahria, she's different.

"Good, because I don't want to have to feel like I'm competing with anyone."

"Trust me. You won't have to compete with anyone. I want to take you on a date on Saturday."

"Interesting. What do you suggest?"

"Whatever you want."

"Well I hate fancy restaurants so how about a movie and we can wing it afterwards."

"Sounds good to me." I felt a smile form on my face.

"Well I have work tomorrow morning so I'll talk to you then. And Elias?"

"Yes..."

"You're still not getting anything from me"

"Understood."

Amir Jones Jr.

"AJ, can I talk to you?" Malia knocked on my bedroom door. I've been ignoring her for a while since her outburst in front of the family.

Instead of talking to her, I turned up the volume on my headphones. I had finals to start worrying about, graduation was approaching, and college is in the fall.